The first stage in web development is the planning phase in which you analyze the audience needs, technical, and marketing requirements. You also gather necessary information required for designing and publishing your website and have answers for questions like some of these:
- Which service provider do I choose for hosting the website? Do I have access to upload files to the publishing server?
- What domain name is to be used for the website?
- In case you are migrating existing websites into Dreamweaver, where are the files and assets stored currently? Do I have access to the server where this information is stored?
- If you want a dynamic website, which server can I use to test if data is being displayed dynamically? Do I have the details of the web application server that I want to use for loading dynamic data?
- What kind of assets are required for the website?
- Will these be assets designed from scratch? If the assets are already available, do I have access to them?
- What apps do I want to use for designing assets?
- Do I plan to create a responsive website?