Adobe recommends that users update to the latest version to take advantage of security and stability improvements. Updates can be installed as described below.
For information about the latest version, see the Release Notes.
To install Adobe Reader and Acrobat updates from Adobe Updater, do the following:
- Launch Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
- Choose Help > Check for Updates.
- Follow the steps in the Updater window to download and install the latest updates.
- Open Reader and choose Help > About Adobe Reader. Note your product version.
- Go to the Adobe Reader Downloads page. The web page automatically detects your OS and Reader version.
- If the web page indicates that a newer version is available, choose Install Now.
- Click the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
Installers for all supported products also appear on the product download pages (except for the full Acrobat). You can download and manually install these products as follows:
- Open the product.
- Choose Help > About Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
- Note the version.
- Close the product.
- If you do not have the latest version installed, download the needed installer from the following locations:
- Adobe Reader full installers and updates for Windows
- Adobe Reader full installers and updates for Mac OS
- Adobe Acrobat updates for Windows
- Adobe Acrobat updates for Mac OS
- Click the installer to start the installation process.