Using the Adobe XD mobile app, you can:
- Connect your mobile device using USB to your computer running XD, edit your designs and prototypes on the desktop, and preview them in real time on connected mobile devices. For more information, see Preview prototypes in real time on mobile devices.
- Preview XD documents that you saved in your Creative Cloud Files folder from XD on Mac or Windows. View XD documents on your mobile device, and share them with others. For more information, see Load and preview XD documents from Creative Cloud Libraries.
If your device is running Adobe XD on Windows 10, real-time preview through USB is not supported on Android.
Connect your mobile device to the USB port of the computer running Adobe XD on desktop. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of XD on desktop available on Creative Cloud.
Ensure that you use USB cables that transfer data. Some USB cables can be used to only charge your devices and cannot transfer data.
The artboard that is currently selected (or in focus) in Adobe XD on desktop is displayed on your device. All the changes you make to your designs are reflected in real time on your mobile device.
If you add wires creating interactions in Prototype mode, you can see the interactions work, just like in the Preview window on desktop.
Fonts are sent to your device when you preview on mobile. However certain font vendors do not allow for the transfer, display, and distribution of their fonts. You are responsible for ensuring that you respect the font license agreement between you and the font vendor.
While viewing a prototype on mobile, if the required font is not present on your device, you get an alert message. The fonts are substituted with available fonts.
Tap and hold the mobile app screen for more options:
- Browse artboards: To scroll through all the artboards in your design
- Share this screen as image: To share a particular artboard as a PNG file through email, Slack, or other channels
- Hotspot hints: To enable hotspot hints while viewing the prototype.
Go to XD Documents.
You can see all the XD documents in your Creative Cloud Files folder in your app listed according to the latest modified files. You can search for files by filename, then sort them in ascending or descending order (alphabetical or last modified). After you find the file you want, tap on it to view the file.
While previewing, long press the screen to access the prototype options:
- Browse artboards: To search and jump to the desired artboards in your design.
- Share this screen as image: To share a particular artboard as a PNG file through email, social media, or any other sharing option provided by your device.
To control the storage space on your mobile device, you can delete downloaded files, by tapping Settings > Preferences.
Here you can view the amount of local space used, and then tap Remove Offline Documents to delete XD documents downloaded to your device.