Adobe Document Cloud FAQ
Adobe Document Cloud is the world's leading PDF and e-signature tools solution integrated across desktop, mobile, and web. It supports automated digital document and signature workflows to drive business productivity and delightful customer experiences. It includes Adobe Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Sign and Document Cloud apps and services that work separately or integrate with your existing productivity apps, processes, and systems.
Adobe Document Cloud includes:
Adobe Acrobat is the latest PDF software available on subscription. It’s the complete PDF solution for working anywhere. It works with Document Cloud services to give you a consistent online profile and personal document hub. You can create, edit, sign, send, and track PDF documents wherever you are—across desktop, mobile, and the web.
Adobe Acrobat Sign
Adobe Acrobat Sign is a cloud-based e-signature service that lets you replace paper and ink signature processes with fully automated electronic signature workflows. With it, you can easily send, sign, track, and manage signature processes using a browser or mobile device. You can use turnkey integrations and APIs to include e-signature workflows in Microsoft Office 365, and your enterprise apps and systems of record.
Document Cloud apps and services
Adobe Acrobat mobile apps - Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Scan - help you get more done from anywhere. With Adobe Document Cloud, files are synced to your account. You can stay connected and get real-time activity on shared documents no matter where you are.
Document Cloud apps and services
Adobe is the only company that can provide everything you require to design and deliver exceptional experiences. Our cloud solutions enable customers to work across the content workflow from inspiration to creation and delivery, to management and measurement.
Acrobat with Adobe Document Cloud
Adobe Document Cloud helps business professionals get critical work done from anywhere with fewer errors, increased security, and greater efficiency. Acrobat with Document Cloud services allows everyone in your organization to be as productive on the go as they are in the office. Acrobat is built for today’s cloud-connected, multi-device world. Users can access files and essential PDF tools on their desktop, mobile device, or web browser and perform activities from anywhere.
Here are just a few things business professionals can do with Acrobat and Document Cloud:
- Work anywhere. Create, edit, comment, and sign with the new Acrobat Reader mobile app.
- Edit anything. Instantly edit PDFs across desktop and mobile apps, and scanned documents on desktop as naturally as any other file with revolutionary new imaging technology.
- Replace ink signatures. Send, track, manage, and store signed documents with a built-in e-signature service.
- Protect important documents. Prevent others from copying or editing sensitive information in PDFs.
- Eliminate overnight envelopes. Share PDFs as links, track, and confirm delivery of documents electronically.
Learn more in the Acrobat FAQ.
Adobe Document Cloud services work with Acrobat desktop, web, and mobile apps to help you stay connected—and stay productive—wherever you are.
- Convert documents and images to PDF files.
- Combine multiple files into a single PDF (desktop and web only).
- Simplify and speed document reviews with the new Document Cloud review service. Send one link to collect reviewers' comments in a single PDF file online and stay informed of progress.
- Turn PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files.
- Use your mobile device camera to take a picture of a paper document and convert it to PDF.
- Send, track, manage, and store signed documents with a built-in e-signature service.
- Send, track, and confirm delivery of documents electronically instead of using fax or overnight services (tracking not available on mobile).
- Edit PDFs from your iPad (Acrobat Pro only).
- Organize pages from your iOS or Android device (Acrobat Pro only).
- Store and access files online with 100GB of storage.
Learn more in the Acrobat FAQ.
Acrobat Reader is free and continues to offer the industry’s most reliable experience for viewing and interacting with PDFs. And now, if you sign up for free Adobe Document Cloud services, you can:
- Store and access files in Adobe Document Cloud with 2GB of free storage.
- Work with the Fill & Sign tool to fill forms faster with instant access to your personal autofill collection across desktop, web, and iPad devices.
- Easily send and share large files with others.
Learn more in the Acrobat Reader FAQ.
Adobe Acrobat Sign
80% businesses still struggle with paper-based processes that are slow, error-prone, and fragmented. Workers spend countless hours hunting down approvals and ink signatures—and then print, scan, fax, or email documents to get the job done. The resulting delays frustrate customers, business partners, and employees alike—and ultimately reflect poorly on the company’s brand. Acrobat Sign helps business transform paper processes, making 100% digital workflows a reality with trusted and legal e-signatures. With Acrobat Sign, workers and organizations can:
- Get signatures in minutes, not days – Workers can easily request signatures from others and sign documents. Workers can also track and manage the entire process electronically using a web browser or mobile app.
- Work anywhere, on any device – Signers follow a link to sign documents from any location, at any time of day, using a browser or mobile device. No account sign-ups or downloads are required.
- Add to your systems and processes – Integrate Acrobat Sign into the systems and applications you’re already using today. Nothing changes except the speed of your workflows, and ease of gathering signatures.
- Ensure legal and security compliance – Acrobat Sign delivers the highest levels of security, availability, and legal compliance. Adobe is the world’s trusted leader in secure digital documents and standout digital experiences.
Learn more in the Adobe Acrobat Sign FAQ.
Yes. Acrobat Sign mobile app is a free app for Android or iOS devices that works as a mobile companion to the Acrobat Sign web application. Acrobat Sign for mobile lets you conduct complete business transactions on the go. With it, you can send, sign, track, and manage signed documents from your iOS or Android device. It’s also the ideal tool for collecting e-signatures in person from a client or customer. On iOS devices, you can even sign documents offline. Acrobat Sign mobile app syncs automatically when you’re back online.
Acrobat Sign integrates smoothly with a wide variety of business software and systems.
- Turnkey integrations are available for leading business systems, including Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics and Office 365, Salesforce, Workday, Nintex, Apttus, iCertis , ServiceNow, and many more.
- Acrobat Sign can be added to your company’s business applications or websites using a comprehensive set of REST APIs. Visit the Developer Center.
- Acrobat Sign works with popular business applications, including Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Connect, and Adobe Experience Manager Forms.
Getting Adobe Document Cloud products and services
Adobe Acrobat Sign Solutions can be purchased in the following ways:
Adobe Acrobat Sign Solutions core plans:
- Individual - Get signatures and track responses in real time.
- Small Business - Add e-signatures to your small business.
- Business - Customize and optimize for your business.
- Enterprise - Build e-signatures into your business systems.
Popular Adobe subscription plans:
Acrobat Sign powers tools that allow users to request e-signatures from others inside these applications:
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Standard
- Adobe Acrobat PDF Pack
- Adobe Creative Cloud memberships that include Acrobat
Adobe Document Cloud plans:
The following volume purchase plans are available direct from Adobe and let you manage named users via the Adobe Admin Console.
- Adobe Document Cloud for business - includes Acrobat Pro and the Acrobat Sign business plan
- Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise - includes Acrobat Pro and the Acrobat Sign enterprise plan
Contact Adobe Enterprise sales.
Acrobat Pro with Document Cloud services is included with these plans for individuals: Creative Cloud for individuals All Apps; Creative Cloud for teams All Apps; and Creative Cloud for Students and Teachers All Apps.
Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise includes Acrobat Pro with services. It's part of Creative Cloud for enterprise All Apps and Creative Cloud for Schools and Universities All Apps. Creative Cloud All Apps plans don't include enterprise-class Adobe Acrobat Sign, which is sold separately.
Subscriptions purchased through the Adobe store and canceled in the first 14 days are fully refundable. After 14 days, cancellation policies will apply.
To cancel a prepaid or paid-monthly annual subscription, contact Customer Support. To cancel a month-to-month membership, visit your Manage Account page or contact Customer Support.
When your subscription comes to an end, you'll lose access to paid desktop features and paid online services. Your 100GB storage quota will be reduced to 2GB. Any documents sent for signature will be retained and will remain accessible.
Security and compliance
Yes. At Adobe, the security of your digital experiences is our priority. Industry standard security practices are deeply ingrained into our internal culture, software development, and service operations processes. Whether related to identity management, data confidentiality, or document integrity, Adobe Document employs industry-standard security practices to protect your documents, data, and personal information. For additional information about our security practices, the Adobe Secure Product Lifecycle, or Adobe Document Cloud solution security, see www.adobe.com/security.
Yes. Electronic signatures are legally valid and enforceable in nearly every industrialized country around the world, and even less-developed countries are beginning to enact e-signature laws. In 2000, the United States passed the ESIGN Act, making e-signatures legal for virtually all uses. In the European Union, the Electronic Identification and Trust Services Regulation (eIDAS) took effect in July 2016. Other countries have enacted similar laws as well. To learn more, visit our Electronic Signatures are Legal page.