Before you start, make sure to be in Multitrack mode. Select Effects > Diagnostics > Deleting Silence (process). The Diagnostics panel opens on the left-side of the UI.
Remove silences from your audio recordings
- Audition User Guide
- Workspace and setup
- Digital audio fundamentals
- Importing, recording, and playing
- Multichannel audio workflow
- Create, open, or import files in Adobe Audition
- Importing with the Files panel
- Extracting audio from CDs
- Supported import formats
- Navigate time and playing audio in Adobe Audition
- Recording audio
- Monitoring recording and playback levels
- Remove silences from your audio recordings
- Editing audio files
- Edit, repair, and improve audio using Essential Sound panel
- Session Markers and Clip Marker for Multitrack
- Generating text-to-speech
- Matching loudness across multiple audio files
- Displaying audio in the Waveform Editor
- Selecting audio
- How to copy, cut, paste, and delete audio in Audition
- Visually fading and changing amplitude
- Working with markers
- Inverting, reversing, and silencing audio
- How to automate common tasks in Audition
- Analyze phase, frequency, and amplitude with Audition
- Frequency Band Splitter
- Undo, redo, and history
- Converting sample types
- Creating podcasts using Audition
- Applying effects
- Enabling CEP extensions
- Effects controls
- Applying effects in the Waveform Editor
- Applying effects in the Multitrack Editor
- Adding third party plugins
- Notch Filter effect
- Fade and Gain Envelope effects (Waveform Editor only)
- Manual Pitch Correction effect (Waveform Editor only)
- Graphic Phase Shifter effect
- Doppler Shifter effect (Waveform Editor only)
- Effects reference
- Apply amplitude and compression effects to audio
- Delay and echo effects
- Diagnostics effects (Waveform Editor only) for Audition
- Filter and equalizer effects
- Modulation effects
- Reduce noise and restore audio
- Reverb effects
- How to use special effects with Audition
- Stereo imagery effects
- Time and pitch manipulation effects
- Generate tones and noise
- Mixing multitrack sessions
- Video and surround sound
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Saving and exporting
Strip Silence allows you to identify and remove silent or inactive regions in recorded clips, without losing synchronization in multitrack audio. Use this feature for cleaning up voice recording, interviews, and preparing multi-track edits, such as podcasts or audio documentary content. Strip Silence parameters can be adjusted for unique scenarios, such as noisy backgrounds or different volume levels between participants, to easily identify and remove regions in the track that have no content, saving editors time.
Apply Strip Silence to a track and edit the settings
Once the issues are detected, you can fix them using one of the two options:
- Strip Silence - Cut and delete the silence entirely.
- Split Silence - Cut the clip but leave them selected so that you can verify if the right part has been selected.
Tip: Strip Silence is better used in podcast interviews or audios where the silences are well-defined. For more complex audios with lesser silences and voice modulations, you may go for Split Silence.
Edit effect parameters
Based on your audio, the Deleting Silence effect auto detects the best decibel and time settings.
You can still set the threshold manually if your workflow demands.
To open/close the effect parameters, click the Settings button next to Scan. Adjust settings for the following:
- Define Silence As: This feature detects silences based on the threshold. Anything that is below the threshold is categorized as silence. Drag the Signal is below slider to set the decibel manually in dB, and drag the For more than slider to set the time in ms.
- Define Audio As: This feature detects silences based on the threshold. Anything that is below the threshold is categorized as audio. Drag the Signal is below slider to set the decibel manually in dB, and drag the For more than slider to set the time in ms.
Aanmelden bij je account
Snelle koppelingenAl je lidmaatschappen weergeven Je lidmaatschappen beheren