What is Adobe Document Cloud?
Adobe Document Cloud is the world's leading PDF and e-signature tools solution integrated across desktop, mobile, and web. It enables complete, reliable and automated digital document and signature workflows to drive business productivity and delivers delightful customer experiences. It includes Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Sign and Document Cloud apps and services that work standalone or integrate with your existing productivity apps, processes, and systems.
What's included in Adobe Document Cloud?
Adobe Document Cloud includes:
Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe Acrobat DC is the latest version of PDF software after Acrobat XI. It’s the complete PDF solution for working anywhere. It works with Document Cloud services to give you a consistent online profile and personal document hub so you can create, edit, sign, send, and track PDF documents wherever you are—across desktop, mobile, and the web.
Adobe Sign is a cloud-based e-signature service that lets you replace paper and ink signature processes with fully automated electronic signature workflows. With it, you can easily send, sign, track, and manage signature processes using a browser or mobile device. And you can use turnkey integrations and APIs to include e-signature workflows in your enterprise apps and systems of record.
Mobile and web apps
Take your tools with you as you move between desktop, the web, and mobile devices—and pick up that form or document where you left off. Document Cloud online services work in the background to put the tools you need at your fingertips—wherever you go. With the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile app, you can create, edit, comment, and sign PDFs directly on your mobile phone or tablet. And with Adobe Document Cloud web apps, you can work with PDFs and manage e-signature processes from a browser on any computer.
What problem is Adobe Document Cloud solving?
Only Document Cloud gives you the confidence to stay on top of your critical work from anywhere. An integrated and connected experience across desktop, web, and mobile (DC Home) enables you to track, manage, and take action on your collaborative document (Review service and unified share) tasks. You can also increase efficiency and reduce costly errors with an automated document and signature processes from the leader in digital experiences (Integrated Sign).
Which products and services are offered in Adobe Document Cloud?
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for Android, iOS, or Windows Phone
- Adobe Scan for Android or iOS
- Adobe Fill & Sign for Android or iOS
- Adobe Sign for Android or iOS
How does Document Cloud fit with Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Marketing Cloud?
How does Adobe Document Cloud help business professionals?
Adobe Document Cloud helps business professionals get critical work done with documents faster and with fewer errors, increased security, and greater efficiency. With the ability to work anywhere on important documents, Acrobat DC with Document Cloud services provides a stunningly simple user experience that works consistently across desktop, mobile, and the web—including touch-enabled devices.
Here are just a few things business professionals can do with Acrobat DC and Document Cloud:
- Work anywhere. Create, edit, comment, and sign with the new Acrobat Reader DC mobile app.
- Edit anything. Instantly edit PDFs and scanned documents as naturally as any other file with revolutionary new imaging technology.
- Replace ink signatures. Send, track, manage, and store signed documents with a built-in e-signature service.
- Protect important documents. Prevent others from copying or editing sensitive information in PDFs.
- Eliminate overnight envelopes. Send, track, and confirm delivery of documents electronically.
Learn more in the Acrobat DC FAQ.
What can I do with Adobe Document Cloud services when working in Acrobat DC?
Adobe Document Cloud services work with Acrobat DC desktop, web, and mobile apps to help you stay connected—and stay productive—wherever you are.
- Convert documents and images to PDF files.
- Combine multiple files into a single PDF (desktop and web only).
- Simplify and speed document reviews with the new Document Cloud review service. Send one link to collect everyone's comments in a single PDF file online and stay informed of progress.
- Turn PDFs into editable Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or RTF files.
- Use your mobile device camera to take a picture of a paper document and convert it to PDF.
- Send, track, manage, and store signed documents with a built-in e-signature service.
- Send, track, and confirm delivery of documents electronically instead of using fax or overnight services (tracking not available on mobile).
- Edit PDFs from your iPad (Acrobat Pro DC only).
- Organize pages from your iOS or Android device (Acrobat Pro DC only).
- Store and access files online with 100GB of storage.
Learn more in the Acrobat DC FAQ.
What can I do with Adobe Document Cloud services when working in Acrobat Reader for mobile?
How does Adobe Document Cloud help individuals who use free Acrobat Reader DC?
Acrobat Reader DC is free and continues to offer the industry’s most reliable experience for viewing and interacting with PDFs. And now, if you sign up for free Adobe Document Cloud services, you can:
- Store and access files in Adobe Document Cloud with 2GB of free storage.
- Work with the Fill & Sign tool to fill forms faster with instant access to your personal autofill collection across desktop, web, and iPad devices.
- Easily send and share large files with others.
Learn more in the Acrobat Reader DC FAQ.
Do I have to work with Adobe Document Cloud services if I purchase Acrobat DC?
How does Adobe Sign help organizations?
Eighty percent of businesses still struggle with paper-based processes that are slow, error-prone, and fragmented. Workers spend countless hours hunting down approvals and ink signatures—and then print, scan, fax or mail documents to get the job done. The resulting delays frustrate customers, business partners and employees alike—and ultimately reflect poorly on the company’s brand. Adobe Sign helps business transform paper processes, making 100% digital workflows a reality with trusted and legal e-signatures. With Adobe Sign, workers and organizations can:
- Get signatures in minutes, not days – Workers can easily request signatures from others, sign documents, and then track and manage the entire process electronically using a web browser or mobile app.
- Work anywhere, on any device – Signers click on a link to sign documents from any location, at any time of day, using a browser or mobile device. No account sign-ups or downloads are required.
- Add to your systems and processes – Integrate Adobe Sign into the systems and applications you’re already using today. Nothing changes except the speed of your workflows, and ease of gathering signatures.
- Ensure legal and security compliance – Adobe Sign delivers the highest levels of security, availability, and legal compliance. We are the world’s trusted leader in secure digital documents and standout digital experiences.
Learn more in the Adobe Sign FAQ.
Does Adobe Sign support mobile workers?
Yes. Adobe Sign mobile app is a free app for Android or iOS devices that works as a mobile companion to the Adobe Sign web application. Adobe Sign for mobile lets you conduct complete business transactions on the go. With it, you can send, sign, track, and manage signed documents from your iOS or Android device. It’s also the ideal tool for collecting e-signatures in person from a client or customer. On iOS devices, you can even sign documents offline. Adobe Sign mobile app syncs automatically when you’re back online.
Which business systems does Adobe Sign integrate with?
Adobe Sign integrates seamlessly with a wide variety of business software and systems.
- Turnkey integrations are available for leading business systems, including Salesforce, Apttus, Ariba, Workforce, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft Office 365, and many more.
- Adobe Sign can be added to your company’s business applications or websites using a comprehensive set of REST or SOAP-based APIs. Visit the Developer Center.
- Adobe Sign works with popular business applications, including Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Connect, and Adobe Experience Manager Forms.
How do I purchase Adobe Acrobat DC with Document Cloud services?
How do I purchase Adobe Sign?
Adobe Sign can be purchased in the following ways:
Adobe Sign core plans:
- Individual - Get signatures and track responses in real time.
- Business - Customize and optimize for your business.
- Enterprise - Build e-signatures into your business systems.
Popular Adobe subscription plans:
The Adobe Sign individual plan is included in the following. Look for the tool named "Send for Signature" to use Adobe Sign capabilities inside these applications.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Adobe Acrobat Standard DC
- Adobe PDF Pack
- Adobe Creative Cloud memberships that includes Acrobat DC
Adobe Document Cloud plans:
The following volume purchase plans are available direct from Adobe and let you manage named users via the Adobe Admin Console.
- Adobe Document Cloud for business - includes Acrobat Pro DC and the Adobe Sign business plan
- Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise - includes Acrobat Pro DC and the Adobe Sign enterprise plan
Contact Adobe Enterprise sales.
How do I get Document Cloud for use with free Acrobat Reader DC and mobile apps?
Can I get Acrobat DC if I’m a Creative Cloud member?
Which version of Acrobat DC is available in Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps?
Acrobat Pro DC with Document Cloud services is included with these plans for individuals: Creative Cloud for individuals All Apps; Creative Cloud for teams All Apps; and Creative Cloud for Students and Teachers All Apps.
Adobe Document Cloud for enterprise—which includes Acrobat Pro DC with services—is included with these plans for organizations: Creative Cloud for enterprise All Apps; and Creative Cloud for Schools and Universities All Apps. Creative Cloud All Apps plans do not include enterprise-class Adobe Sign, which is sold separately.
Is there a trial version of Acrobat DC?
Is there a trial version of Adobe Sign?
What if I want to cancel my subscription?
Subscriptions purchased through the Adobe store and canceled in the first 14 days are fully refundable. After 14 days, cancellation policies will apply.
What happens to my storage if I cancel my subscription to an Adobe Document Cloud product or service?
Is Adobe Document Cloud secure?
Yes. At Adobe, the security of your digital experiences is our priority. Industry standard security practices are deeply ingrained into our internal culture, software development, as well as service operations processes. Whether related to identity management, data confidentiality, or document integrity, Adobe Document employs industry-standard security practices to protect your documents, data, and personal information. For additional information about our security practices, the Adobe Secure Product Lifecycle, or Adobe Document Cloud solution security, please see www.adobe.com/security.
Is e-signing legal?
Yes. Electronic signatures are legally binding in nearly every industrialized nation, and even less developed countries are beginning to enact e-signature laws. In 2000, the United States passed the ESIGN Act making e-signatures legal for virtually all uses. In 1999, the European Union passed an electronic signature directive that member states used as the foundation for country-specific laws. And the European Union regulation on electronic identification and trust services (eIDAS) is set to take effect in July 2016, creating a single, standardized regulation for all 28 member states. Other countries have enacted similar laws as well. To learn more, read the Global Guide to Electronic Signature Law.