By default all Signed PDF files are sealed with a randomized password so they cannot be modified.
Document encryption is governed by a back-end setting that success or support can change to a password of your choosing.
Contact your success manager (or submit a support ticket) with your request to install a known password for your account, and include the password you would like to apply (letters and numbers only, no special characters).
This PDF sealer password is applied when the PDF is downloaded (or attached to the final email), so any new password value is only applicable to PDFs that are downloaded/attached after the password is installed.
Once the unlock password has been installed, you can follow these steps to unlock the PDF file:
- Download a new copy of the PDF (with the new sealer password applied)
- Open the PDF
- Click the 'Lock' icon in the upper-left corner of the page
- Click the link labeled: Permission Details
- In the "Security Method' drop down, select: No Security
- Enter your unlock password and click the OK button three times
You can now make any edits to the file.