Adobe recommends uploading hybrid Captivate content in Adobe Connect so that it is visible to both HTML and Flash clients and users.
Ways to improve Captivate performance
- Keep captures short; try to divide longer sections into segments under two minutes each.
- If you want audio, then set compression values to lowest audio quality.
- Eliminate audio, which is one of the heaviest parts of the download. Narrate it yourself during the meeting.
- Lower JPEG image quality.
Limitations and known issues of Captivate content support
- Captivate does not support interactive videos in the Flash and hybrid content publish workflows. If you publish interactive videos as hybrid content, all slides, except non-supported slides are published and a warning message for unpublished content is displayed.
- Publishing content from Captivate 8 and lower versions is not supported.
- If a Host shares Captivate 11 content in sync mode and an HTML client participant is able to see the Captivate playbar and navigate through the content, a playbar appears when the participant enters the room.
- Captivate content does not play automatically for participants entering the meeting even when sync is on.
- When an HTML participant clicks a hyperlink, a Captivate warning appears although the hyperlink opens in the Edge browser.