Adobe Connect application for desktop
- Adobe Connect User Guide
- Adobe Connect Meeting
- Adobe Connect meeting room basics
- Start, attend, and manage Adobe Connect meetings and sessions
- Adobe Connect application for desktop
- Adobe Connect pre-meeting diagnostic test
- Adobe Connect Central home page
- Share content during an Adobe Connect meeting
- Update and manage Adobe Connect meetings
- View meeting reports and analytics data
- Notes, chat, Q&A, and polls in Adobe Connect meeting
- Accessibility features in Adobe Connect
- Keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Connect
- Create virtual meeting rooms and arrange layouts
- Breakout rooms in Adobe Connect meetings
- Manage meeting attendees in Adobe Connect
- Adobe Connect administration and maintenance
- Enabling Adobe Connect HTML client
- Enabling single sign-on in Adobe Connect
- Change the timeout period
- Configure audio providers for Universal Voice
- Create and import users and groups in Adobe Connect
- Enhance Adobe Connect account security
- Generate usage reports in Adobe Connect Central
- Administer and manage Adobe Connect accounts
- Manage users and groups
- Set permissions for library files and folders
- Back up user data, database, and settings of Adobe Connect server
- Build custom reports from Adobe Connect database
- Maintain disk space and clean cache on an Adobe Connect server
- Manage and monitor Adobe Connect server logs
- Start and stop Adobe Connect services
- Adobe Connect Events
- Adobe Connect Training and Seminars
- About Adobe Connect courses and curriculum for training
- Conduct trainings with Adobe Connect
- Create and manage seminars
- Create training courses in Adobe Connect
- Create and manage training curriculum in Adobe Connect
- About Virtual Classrooms in Adobe Connect
- Adobe Connect reports to monitor training features
- Participate in Adobe Connect training sessions and meetings
- Closed captioning in Adobe Connect
- Audio and video conferencing in Adobe Connect
- Manage user content in Adobe Connect
Use the Adobe Connect application for seamless access to meeting room functionalities.
Adobe Connect offers multiple ways to collaborate and attend remote sessions. You can use the Adobe Connect application for desktop with Windows and Mac OS, and Adobe Connect for mobile in Android and iOS.
The stand-alone Adobe Connect application for desktop is compatible with Adobe Connect 11 and later versions.
If you are an Adobe Connect 11 user, you can use the Adobe Connect application for experiences free of browser-based Adobe Flash Player plug-ins. The Adobe Connect application supports your customized login screen, but not the customizations on the Welcome screen.
A. Lists up to 20 recently visited meeting room URLs B. Lists the bookmarked meeting room URLs for quick access C. Signs out of all active sessions of a user
If you are a first-time user or if you log in with a new domain name once, Adobe Connect application remembers your domain name. In subsequent sessions, you need not type the entire meeting room URL; only the meeting room name suffices.
While entering your login credentials, selecting Remember me on this computer stores your session. While the current session is active, you need not re-enter login credentials when joining meeting s.
If you are a Presenter or a Host, install the Adobe Connect application before you attempt to upload content or share your screen, to avoid waiting when a meeting is in progress.
If you have launched a meeting in a browser, append ?proto=true to the meeting room URL to launch it in the Adobe Connect application. For example, https://www.example.com/meeting_name?proto=true.
For scenarios such as overlapping meetings during an ongoing session in the Adobe Connect application in Windows, press Ctrl+N to launch a new session in a new window. Alternatively, right-click the application icon in your taskbar and click Adobe Connect.
Use Adobe Connect application to access meetings, seminars, recordings, and content. Use a browser to access Events and URLs of unsupported content types uploaded to the Content Library. To know which content types are not supported, see I cannot open content uploaded to Content Library in Install the Adobe Connect application.
Install the Adobe Connect application
Install the Adobe Connect application (and other updates) from the Downloads and Updates page.
Installation of the Adobe Connect application does not require administrative privileges. The stand-alone installer installs the application inside a custom directory structure as opposed to the system directory structure. Your Adobe Connect account administrator can make it mandatory to install the Adobe Connect application to join a meeting, a training, or a webinar.
Close all the running instances of the application before installing a newer version.
The Adobe Connect application also supports lightning installation or upgrade path.
Deploy the Adobe Connect application in an enterprise
The Adobe Connect application works only for Connect 11 and later versions. You can centrally deploy the application across the enterprise through an MSI-based installer for Windows users. The push through MSI installer installs the application for all users setup on the machine.
Use the Adobe Connect application with roaming profile
If the Adobe Connect application is installed with roaming profiles, the application and its shortcut are copied to the new machine. However, you must manually launch the application the first time on the new machine. If you uninstall the application, registry entries are removed only from the machine on which you initiated the uninstallation.
Recommendations for using the Adobe Connect application
- If you are a presenter or a host, test your computer and network connections before a meeting begins. Run the Adobe Connect diagnostic test.
- Bookmark your frequently visited meeting room URLs for quick access; use the Recents tab on the Welcome screen. You can launch a bookmarked meeting room from the Favorites tab.