You can now trace images in Animate with ease and with greater quality. With image trace, you can convert raster images such as JPEG, PNG, PSD and so on to vector artwork. Using this feature, you can easily base a new drawing on an existing piece of artwork by tracing it. For example, you can convert the image of a pencil sketch you've drawn on paper into vector artwork using Image Trace. You can choose from a set of tracing presets to get the desired result quickly.
With this version of Animate, you can split audio which is streamed into multiple parts by retaining its effects.
To split an audio clip on your timeline:
- Select File > Import > Import to library.
- Select the audio clip and import it to the library.
- Create a new layer on your timeline and add the audio clip to the layer.
- Under Properties > Sound, select the effect.
For more information see, Splitting a sound on timeline.
Now you can export all imported images from canvas document as it is by unchecking the Export As texture and Combine images into Spritesheet options from Publish settings dialog. Compressed images can also be exported as it is without any change in size.
Eraser and Brush tools are now enhanced to work in a synchronised manner.
All the sub-options applied for Eraser and Brush tools such as pressure or tilt settings, modes, nib size and shape and so on are now remembered even after quitting and relaunching Animate.
- In Brush Options, if Synch Settings with Eraser is checked, then, current settings of eraser tool are mirrored in the brush tool.
- In Eraser Options, if Synch Settings with Brush is checked, then, current settings of brush tool are mirrored in the eraser tool.
Enhanced asset warping now enables now you to have better control over handles and the warp results.
Adobe Animate now provides with an option to pin a symbol to Frame Picker so that you can work with Frame Picker tool even without keeping the symbol selected. The pinned symbol is remembered as long as an instance of that symbol is available on stage, even after going to another frame.
With these frame picker enhancements, you can work with multiple symbols and pin them in different frame picker panels. A symbol once pinned is remembered as long as the symbol exists in the library or it is unpinned explicitly and also after moving to another document.
Texture atlas is a collection of textures as a single large image. Two new export options have been added to Texture Atlas.
- Resolution: You can choose to export to different resolution varying from 0.3-3.0
- Optimize dimensions:
- When Optimize dimension is checked, it removes extra pixels from bitmap and dimensions are not in power of two. Image dimensions, width and height are disabled with this (Default option).
- When Optimize dimension is unchecked, bitmap is generated based on the selected dimensions.
Identical frames are optimized (consolidated) in animation.json file by default.