Is your Eraser functionality not working when you draw a shape using the Wacom pen and then flip the pen to use the Eraser tool?
- Open the macOS privacy settings and enable Illustrator's access on the tablet driver.
- Restart Illustrator.
This issue occurs only when you use the latest Wacom driver 6.3.37-2 with macOS 10.15 (Catalina). It can happen when Illustrator's control over TabletDriver is disabled in the macOS privacy settings.
Install the latest Wacom driver and perform the following steps:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Go to the Privacy tab, select Accessibility and then click the lock icon at the bottom of the dialog box.
- In the Allow the apps below to control your computer list, ensure that the checkboxes for Wacom component are selected. Also, ensure that any known listed applications are also selected to work correctly with the tablet. For example, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Disconnect Wacom from the macOS machine and uninstall the driver.
- Click here to reinstall the latest version of the driver (6.3.34-2).
- After the driver is installed, restart your computer, connect Wacom, and check the functionality using pen.
It's known issue with Wacom's latest driver, 6.3.34. Check release notes.