Replacing the current recipient starts on the Manage page, and can only be done by the original sender of the agreement.
Depending on the enabled settings, one or more settings are exposed in the bubble:
- Replace recipient - Thios option replaces the current recipient, denying them further access to the agreement
- Add Alternate Recipient - Adding an alternate recipient includes the new recipient, leaving the original recipient in place and capable of completing the agreement
The default settings for the Replace Recipient feature is to fully replace the current recipient with the new recipient.
Users with an individual service plan may not change this default setting.
For multi-licensed accounts, there is an option to change the default behavior at the account or group level, and optionally grant the sender of an agreement the ability to choose which option best suits their current situation.
Navigate to Account > Account Settings > Global Settings
- Verify that Delegation for users in my account is set to Yes, can delegate to anyone
Administrators have two questions to answer:
What should the account/group default behavior be?
- Only the new recipient will be able to participate – This is the original default action
- This option inserts the Replace Recipient option into the users Manage page options
- If the primary concern is that the wrong recipient was sent the agreement, this is the better option.
- The original recipient and the new recipient will both be able to participate – This is the Include action
- This option inserts the Add Alternate Recipient option into the users Manage page options
- If the primary concern is that the signature process is being held up by recipients that are out of office, or difficult to contact, this is the better option.
Should the agreement sender be allowed to change the default setting?
- By checking the Users in my account can select whether the original recipient can or cannot participate after being replaced checkbox, you include both the Replace Recipient and Add Alternate Recipient options to the user Manage page options
You can only replace the current recipient.
Recipients assigned a Delegator role cannot be replaced
Agreements sent via Mega Sign cannot use the Replace Recipient feature.
You can replace the same recipient index multiple times
- When using the include option, you grow the number of potential recipients
- If at any time you use the replace action, the whole list of current recipients is replaced by the one newly nominated address
Recipients in a Recipient Group can be replaced individually, and new recipients can be added
- There is no option to simply remove one recipient without replacing them
Recipients in a parallel participation order can be replaced individually.
Recipients defined within a Hybrid routing order can be replaced individually.