Rule 1: Always conduct one or more rehearsals with Presenters.
- Ensure that they use the same audio equipment they use on the day of the live event.
- Ensure adequate time to troubleshoot equipment and train presenters.
- Appoint a timer and script roles and responsibilities.
- Schedule your rehearsal at least 48 hours before the live event.
Rule 2: Know your audience--use Poll questions.
- Find out the demographic breakdown of your audience.
- To determine where to focus the content, feel the pulse of the room.
- Insert a fun "pop quiz" mid-presentation.
- Polling is a great way to get participants interacting with the presenter.
Rule 3: Create a "lobby" layout.
- Open your online meeting room 10-15 minutes before start time. Participants like to know that they have accessed the Connect session correctly.
- Share best practices for connecting to your online meeting in a revolving PowerPoint slideshow.
- Consider adding trivia questions with timed answers to keep their interest.
- Download royalty-free music into a Share pod. The selection must be as long as your lobby time.
- Play a music file from a Share pod, or your company's audio 'infomercial'.
- Send a message to the participants in the Chat pod to tell them you are playing music so that they can checkVoIP audio levels.
Rule 4: Have fun!
- Remind your presenters they are talking to a live audience. If they are having fun, the audience follows!