Adobe Creative Cloud and Slack bring creative work and teamwork together. With the Creative Cloud for Slack app, designers can easily share their work, get feedback, and stay up-to-date on actions taken on their assets.
Install the Creative Cloud for Slack app
If you see the following error message "Your admin does not allow this app", it means the app is not listed as an approved app for your workspace. To request approval from the workspace owner, do the following:
- Click the Request button below the app's icon.
- The workspace owner may require or allow you to include a custom message with your request.
- Click Submit Request.
Share Creative Cloud assets in Slack
|Creative Cloud file formats||Creative Cloud Library elements||File types|
|.ai, .indd, .psd, .dn, and .xd||Library folders, fonts, and colors||.jpg, .jpeg, .png, and .svg|
When you paste the public link of the Creative Cloud asset you want to share in the message box, a preview of the corresponding asset is displayed.
Public sharing of assets ensures that you retain complete control over your content. Recipients get read-only access to your assets, which means they cannot upload, update, or delete them.
To learn how to create a public link to a Creative Cloud asset, see Share Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more.
To share an asset from your computer, do the following:
- Click the plus icon + to the left of the message box, and then choose Your Computer.
- Browse and select a supported Creative Cloud asset or file type and click Open.
- In the upload a file dialog box, add a message about the file and click Upload.
Stay up-to-date on comments left on XD prototypes and design specs
The Creative Cloud bot sends messages directly to you whenever comments are left on Adobe XD prototypes and design specs you are collaborating on.
Who receives notifications?
- The asset owner receives notifications when reviewers add comments, modify comments, or reply to comments.
- Other users who are part of a comment thread receive notifications on that thread only.
Notifications are enabled by default. You can use the "off" command to disable the notifications.
- To disable notifications, choose Adobe Creative Cloud app in the sidebar, type "off" in the message box and then press Enter.
The Creative Cloud for Slack app now supports French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages. The Adobe Creative Cloud bot will now be able to respond to your preferred Slack language.
Add reviewers to private XD prototypes and design specifications within Slack
To gain access to the new feature, you simply have to reauthenticate your account by signing in, when prompted.
To share a private XD link, paste it in the message box of the individual or a channel and press Enter. If you are the owner of the private XD link, the bot notifies you about how many members in the channel were added as reviewers to the private XD link from XD web app when it was created. It also prompts you to invite the remaining members of the channel to collaborate on the link. To invite the remaining members, select Yes, invite the channel, otherwise click No. If you click yes, the invited members are added as reviewers on your private XD link.
Get help and provide feedback
Send us your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org.