When Acrobat tries to access other apps on macOS Mojave 10.14, an authorization dialog box appears asking users to allow access or control to the app.
Similarly, when an app tries to use Acrobat, an authorization dialog box appears asking users to allow control over Acrobat.
All the features or workflows related to the conversion of Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to PDF from Acrobat app throw the authorization dialog at the first instance of the conversion:
- Create PDF from the File menu
- Create PDF tools (create single PDF or multiple PDFs)
- Combine PDFs involving Microsoft Office files*
- Create PDF using Action wizard tool
- Create a PDF form using the Prepare Form tool
- Convert Microsoft Office files in PDF Portfolio from Acrobat app
- Create PDF from Adobe Acrobat extension for Firefox
In the authorization dialog box, click OK to allow control or access. Once you do this, the dialog box doesn’t appear for the same app next time.
If you click Don’t Allow or Not Now, the feature or the workflow fails, and all future conversions will also fail unless the corresponding security setting is changed.
To change the security setting, do the following: