Installer Failed To Initialize | Adobe Captivate
"Installer failed to initialize" error while installing Adobe Captivate.
While installing Adobe Captivate, if the extractor (.exe/.app) is unable to extract the package, you encounter the error message "Installer failed to initialize".
There are multiple reasons why the error message displays.
In this document, we have provided a solution to a couple of such scenarios.
Case 1: Running the installer directly using 7-zip (Windows only)
Solution: Extract the contents of the .7z file with the help of .exe and then run the setup file to install.
Case 2: The installer is unable to run the extracted files (Mac only)
- Mount the Disk Image file for Adobe Captivate.
- Open the mounted DMG file.
- Right-click install.app and select Show Package Contents from the context menu.
- Navigate to Contents > MacOS.
- Double-click the Unix Executable titled Install.
A terminal window opens and initializes the installer. You are given the option to install in trial mode or utilize a serial number.
Case 3: Installing from a disc/network drive
Solution: Copy the content of disc to a local directory (for example, Desktop) and then start the installation process.
Case 4: None of the above fixes the issue
Solution: Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE_old in the location mentioned below and download the latest version of the Application manager.
- 64-Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
- 32-Bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
- /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE