Open Adobe Captivate, and choose Help > Updates. The Adobe Application Manager appears.
Adobe Captivate (2017 release) Update 1 Release Notes
Release Notes for Adobe Captivate (2017 release) Update 1
This document contains late-breaking product information, updates, and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Adobe Captivate documentation.
What's new in this update
The following features are new and changed in Captivate (2017 release) Update 1:
- In-app interactive guide for responsive projects.
- New video tutorials for Captivate (2017 release).
- Support for macOS 10.13 & iOS 11.2.6.
- Direct access to Captivate e-learning assets without having to sign in.
For more information, see What's new.
For Adobe Captivate system requirements, see System Requirements.
Ensure that Captivate 10.0.0.192 build version is already installed.
Ensure that the Adobe Captivate 2017 Update 1 check-box under Adobe Captivate is selected.
Click Update to install the patch.
When the installation is complete, you can see the Update Complete message.
After installing this update, verify that the build number is 10.0.1.285.
Issues fixed in this update
- You can navigate the answer options using the Tab key. Once you reach the answer options, use the arrow keys to navigate through the answer options. Select the option using the Spacebar.
- Using the Tab key, you can reach the TOC, and navigate through the slides from the TOC panel.
- Closed caption toggling via a slide button does not work if the playbar is disabled.
- The customizations made in the Closed Captions dialog in a different breakpoint do not always get retained after saving and reopening the project.
- Closed captions flicker in an HTML5 output when changing from one closed captioning to another on the same slide.
- When generating audio using Neo Speech agents, line breaks in slide notes do not result in inserting silence between the generated audio sentences.
- If there are five or more objects on a Master Slide, or the objects are marked as Rest of Project on a slide in Filmstrip, then the objects do not appear in SWF output.
- In a click-box, if a shortcut is from a num-pad key, then the number keys above characters don't work and vice-versa.
- In a responsive project, an answer option that would go out of the slide canvas in runtime, now wraps properly in runtime.
- In states, variables do not propagate values to state and additional state items.
- In Mac, Photoshop round-tripping does not work.
- You could not download assets from eLearning Brothers, whose names contained spaces or numbers.
- Background audio in a Captivate project does not appear when you publish the project as video .
- The spell checker (F7) may not function as expected on slide notes with formatting.
- HTML formatting tags (bold, italic) are getting displayed in Find and Replace dialog, if the searched string is part of slide notes.
Alternatively, you can also download this update from the Captivate download center.
To download Captivate 9 or earlier versions, go to Captivate downloads.
Adobe Customer Service provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other non-technical issues. To find out how to contact Adobe Customer Service, please visit Adobe.com for your region or country and click on Contact.
Support Plan Options and Technical Resources
If you require technical assistance for your product, including information on complimentary and fee-based support plans and troubleshooting resources, more information is available at http://www.adobe.com/go/support/. Outside of North America, go to http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/ and click on Change beside the country name in order to select your own area.
Free troubleshooting resources include Adobe’s support knowledge base , Adobe user-to-user forums and more. We are continually making additional tools and information available online in order to provide you with flexible options for resolving issues as fast as possible.
If you are having any issues with installing or uninstalling Adobe Captivate 10.0, please try rebooting your system prior to contacting Support.