How do I test if my data element is set up correctly?
Last updated on May 17, 2021 01:18:19 AM GMT
Data elements are always tested first to ensure a proper setup before leveraging them in a rule. To test a data element is working, do the following:
- Navigate to a page where the data element is available on the site.
- Open the web console and type in _satellite.getVar(‘dataelementname’) and hit enter. This code returns any value that is present for the noted data element on that page.
- If the data element is working correctly, then the value is defined.
- If the value is undefined, then the data element is likely setup incorrectly.
- If the value is null, then that data element does not have a value on that particular page. Try testing on another page before altering the data element setup.