Plugins for Adobe XD
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to add more capability to Adobe XD. Find the latest free plugins and automate repeat operations or parts of designer workflows that are tedious, complex, or repetitive.
Adobe XD features plugins and app-integrations from Adobe and third-party developers that enhance your design workflow by automating complex and repeat tasks, and enabling deep integrations with external tools and services. For example, if you want to use Google Maps, you can install by using a third-party plugin to get the app into your XD workspace. Check out this Adobe Community post to know more about using Google Maps in XD projects.
XD also supports external integrations such as Jira and in-app extensions to provide a complete solution for designers and stakeholders.
To see a list of plugins available for XD, visit the Adobe XD resources page.
System requirements to get started with plugins
You need XD version 13.0 to view, manage, and build plugins. Plugin development and management are supported on both Windows and MacOS platforms.
View and install plugins
Use any of the following options to view and install plugins:
- In the home screen, select Add-ons > Plugins to launch the Plugin panel.
- Click the Plugins icon on the Toolbar, and select Discover Plugins, or click the + icon to launch the Plugin panel.
From the Plugin panel, you can view, launch, install, and update plugins.
Discover In Adobe XD, you can search and install plugins and app integrations from Adobe and third-party developers to improve your design workflows by automating tasks and enabling deep integration with external tools and services.
For example, use the Adobe Asset Link plugin to browse, search, and download assets in AEM from within XD.
Browse You can browse and filter plugins by Category, Most Recent, Top Rated, and Most Popular. You can rate a plugin only when you install one.
Manage You can view the list of all plugins that are installed in your system. Sort the plugins based on Name or Last Updated options. Click the ellipsis (...) on a plugin to disable or uninstall.
To get started with plugins, select Plugins > Development > Create a Plugin that leads you to the Adobe I/O developer console.
For information on how to get started with building, testing, and submitting plugins for an in-app listing, see Adobe XD developer documentation.
Troubleshooting plugin-related issues
To resolve troubleshooting issues, use the Get Support option within plugins to reach out to the plugin developer.
To verify if the troubleshooting issues are exclusively related to plugins:
- Use the Disable option in the Plugin panel to manually disable each installed plugin, or
- Hold down the Shift key when launching XD to temporarily disable all plugins.