- There is no option to check in an asset if a user changes the check-out configuration location after checking out. (4115997)
- Adobe Asset Link does not currently support automatic check-in for a JPEG file to which layers are added after it is checked out. The Creative Cloud app requires saving the JPEG file as new file format due to the layers. In this case, the edited file is disconnected from AEM Assets. To add the new file to AEM Assets, upload it.
- Searching on a portion of a filename or title may not return assets that contain the full name. For example, searching for sand returns results with the specific word sand, but doesn't return quicksand or sandstone. (4117723)
Workaround: To broaden the search, use an asterisk (*) before, or after the search word.
- Before the search word (to return quicksand).
- After the search word (to return sandstone).
- Both, before and after the search word to return all.
- Search queries that return many results may cause the server to become unresponsive. The search function includes assets’ metadata in addition to the filename and title. Therefore, metadata fields can increase the number of results if a generic or common term is used.
Workaround: Narrow down the search and/or try searching in a specific folder or collection.
- Drag and Place actions support embedding assets for Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign 2019 (or earlier). Direct linking is supported between InDesign 2020 and AEM Assets.
- For apps that do not support direct linking (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign 2019 or earlier), the first drag-and-drop action on an asset only places its preview. The asset is downloaded in the background. More drag-and-drop actions on the same asset embed the full resolution image. If you require the full resolution initially, download the asset first, or select the Place option from the context menu.
- For Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign 2019 or earlier, the message “download again for the most current version” appears during a drag-and-drop action regardless of when the asset was last downloaded. Adobe Asset Link does not currently recognize the time elapsed since the last download. Therefore, it notifies users as a precaution, because downloaded assets are disconnected from AEM Assets where edits may have occurred since the last download. (4117716)
- Placing through the drag action is triggered when a user clicks and holds on an asset. It is triggered even if the user drags for a small distance in the Asset Link panel. (Not observed in InDesign 2020).
- [Illustrator only] A downloaded file is closed automatically if the same file is placed from Adobe Asset Link on another open document. It is standard behavior in Illustrator. (4116510)
- Users can only upload to a specified folder, not in Collections or an individual collection. In addition, uploading is limited to only the folder the user has navigated to before performing the upload action. You can add assets to a collection through AEM Assets only.
- Asset does not appear in folder immediately after uploading.
Workaround: Click the Refresh button in the panel (or navigate to another folder and return).
- Proxy environments (for example Kerberos) are currently not supported. (4114362)
- You can use the Tab key to navigate only as far as the Search field. To navigate further, you require the mouse.
Workaround: Use the mouse if the cursor is in the Search field or “Shift-B” to open the Location menu.
- Comments added while checking in an asset to AEM Assets don't display in the asset timeline within AEM web until a new version is checked in. This issue has been fixed in AEM 6.4.5 and AEM 6.5.1 onwards.
- If you cancel check-out in a Creative Cloud app while it's open and checked out in another, the asset stays open in the second app. However, it is disconnected from AEM Assets. (4117952)
- [Photoshop 2019 and Photoshop 2020]: Adobe Asset Link panel doesn’t launch if no document is open. (4116772)
Workaround: Open a blank or existing document before launching Adobe Asset Link.
- On Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, checking out, placing, or downloading files with unicode does not work as expected. It affects countries with language using special characters.
- In InDesign 2020, when the user copies an asset into a frame using the Place Copy option, the image is not embedded. It is inserted as a linked asset instead.
- In InDesign 2020, when opening legacy INDD files (Creative Cloud versions earlier than Creative Cloud 2019) and placing a linked asset, the corresponding linked icon does not display in the new frame. The linked icon displays in the Links panel only.
- When you sign out of your Creative Cloud app and then sign back in, you remain signed out of the Adobe Asset Link panel.
Workaround: Launch the Creative Cloud app again. You'll be signed in to Adobe Asset Link.