For details, see the Shared Device Licensing deployment guide.
When end users go to sign in on a device activated with shared device licenses, the following banner is displayed:
Now, when creating Shared Device Licensing packages on the Admin Console, you can allow admins on shared devices to install and update Adobe apps using the Creative Cloud desktop app.
To create a shared device license package, log in to the Admin Console, navigate to the Packages > Packages, and click Create a Package.
For more details on how to create shared device license packages, see this article.
Shared Device Licensing now supports Dimension. So, you can now include Dimension when you a create shared device license package on the Admin Console, and then deploy this package to your end user machines.
To create a shared device license package:
- Log into the Admin Console.
- Navigate to Packages > Packages.
- Click Create a package.
For details see this document.
The report of the devices in your institution that are currently activated with shared device licenses, now contains the following fields:
- Licensed on: Date on which the device was licensed.
- Activation Status: SUCCESSFUL: Device activation was successful. UNSUCCESSFUL: Device activation failed. On activation, the device is associated with the default product profile. AUTO_ACTIVATED: An older version of shared device license packages is installed on the device. On activation, the device is associated with the default product profile.
- Machine DNS Name: DNS name of the machine
- IP Address: IP address of the machine
- Package ID: ID of shared device license package installed on the machine.
- Package Name: Name of shared device license package installed on the machine.
- Active Directory OU: Name of organizational unit that the machine belongs to, if any.
- Egress IP Address: Egress IP address of the network that the machine belongs to.
Now, you can deploy shared device licenses to multiple labs in your institution. Follow the steps below:
Assign specialized admin roles and delegate tasks to other admins in your institution:
- Product admins to create additional product profiles and configure labs in your organization.
- Product Profile admins to manage product profiles
See how to manage admin roles on the Admin Console.
If you are a VIP (Value Incentive Plan) customer, you can now purchase products or additional shared device licenses from the Admin console directly.
In the upper-right corner of the Overview page of the Admin Console, click Add Products .
In the Add Products screen, add products or add licenses to your existing products.
If you've installed shared device licenses on machines that are no longer in use, quickly recover the licenses and reuse them on other machines. For example, if you plan to retire an old machine or if you want to repurpose a machine and reuse it outside a lab or a classroom. You can even recover licenses from machines that are completely inoperable.
To use the latest features of Shared Device Licensing on end-user machines, you can either choose to:
- Re-deploy the packages
- Or activate licenses
After creating the packages on the Admin Console, choose from the following methods to deploy the new packages:
- Install by double-clicking the package file. See this document for details.
- Use third-party tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Apple Remote Desktop, or JAMF Casper Suite. See this document for details.
- Deploy using command line on Windows computers. See this document for details.
- Deploy using Info.plist file on macOS computers. See this document for details.
Using the Windows command line or macOS terminal, navigate to the downloaded Toolkit root folder. Type the absolute path of the folder that contains the downloaded file:
- Windows: cd <root folder>\adobe-licensing-toolkit\adobe-licensing-toolkit\<win64 or win32>
- macOS: cd <root folder>/adobe-licensing-toolkit/adobe-licensing-toolkit