Determine your software license type
To get assistance from Adobe's Customer Service and Technical Support self-help pages, it's sometimes necessary to know what type of software license you have. The following questions and answers help you determine if you have a single-user or multiuser Adobe product.
What is a single-user license?
Single-user products are software products that are licensed for only one user. All boxed products, for example, are single-user products.
What is a volume license?
A volume license allows multiple users to access Adobe software simultaneously.
Did you personally buy the Adobe product you're using?
If you personally bought the Adobe product you're using, then you probably have a single-user license. Single-user licenses are available from the Adobe Store, Adobe Customer Service via the phone, and software resellers.
How can I tell if I'm using a volume license product?
You are probably using a volume license of Adobe software if you fall into any of the following categories:
- The product you are using did not come in a box, and it came with only a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
- Your network administrator installed your Adobe software for you.
- You downloaded and installed your Adobe software from Adobe's Licensing Website or from one of your company's internal servers.
- You have never personally met the person who purchased the Adobe product you're using.
- Everybody in your company is using the same license.