Rough cut and Edit using Team Projects
Prelude allows you to create and edit a rough cut in Team Projects Beta and share your rough cuts with other users. Previously, you could only open the clip and add markers and metadata to organize and search subclips.
The Team Projects Rough Cut feature also enables you to share your rough cuts with other Adobe applications such as Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Logging in to the Team Projects server
- Click File > Team Projects > Sign In... to log in to the Team Projects server.
- Enter the server name, user name, and password.
Adding and deleting clips from rough cuts
Keep the following points in mind when adding and deleting clips from rough cuts:
- The frame rate of the rough cut sequence should be the same as that of the first subclip.
- The frame rate of the rough cut sequence does not change if subclips are reordered in the rough cut.
- The frame rate of the rough cut sequence does not change if the first subclip is deleted.
- The frame rate of the rough cut sequence can be changed if all subclips are deleted and a new one is added.
- Audio only clips, images, and hard subclips can be added or deleted from a rough cut.
- An offline clip or subclip cannot be added to a rough cut.
Using rough cuts with Premiere Pro
- A rough cut that is created in Prelude can be opened in Premiere Pro directly. A sequence created in Premiere Pro can be opened and edited in Prelude only when the sequence meets the rough cut bar.
- If a rough cut created in Prelude contains an audio-only clip, it is placed at the audio track in Premiere Pro.
- If a rough cut created in Prelude is edited in Premiere Pro, it cannot be opened again in Prelude if the rough cut does not meet the rough cut bar.
For additional information, see Exporting files from Prelude section in Premiere Pro.
Previewing rough cuts
You can preview a rough cut in the production panel; thumbnail view is also available.
You can play a rough cut in the monitor panel as a sequence.