What is Dreamweaver and who is it for?
Adobe Dreamweaver is the world’s most complete tool for web designers and front-end developers. It combines a powerful design surface and best-in-class code editor with robust site management tools, for you to easily design, code, and manage websites.
Dreamweaver 2017 has been redesigned with a modern interface and fast, flexible coding engine to give web designers and front-end developers easier ways to create, code and manage websites that look amazing on any size screen. This release of Adobe Dreamweaver 2017 includes an all-new code engine, completely refreshed user interface with selectable dark and light themes, support for modern web workflows such as CSS Preprocessors, and lots more.
First-class integration with Bootstrap lets you build responsive websites that adapt and scale to any browser, regardless of the size, screen resolution, or orientation. Deep integration with Adobe CreativeSync makes it easy to work with design assets from tools like Photoshop and Illustrator, along with the ability to browse and access stock photos from Adobe Stock.
As Dreamweaver is a part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud, you get access to all the latest updates as soon as they’re available. Learn more about Creative Cloud.
What makes Dreamweaver different from other web tools?
Dreamweaver is a unique web development tool that lets you visualize your site in real-time as you are coding.
- Code faster and with greater flexibility with Dreamweaver's new coding engine. Code hints help new users learn HTML, CSS, and other web standards, and visual aids like auto-indentation, code coloring, and resizable fonts help reduce errors and make your code easier to read.
- Dreamweaver supports common CSS pre-processors like SASS, Less, and SCSS, with full code coloring, and compilation, so you can save time and produce cleaner code.
- Write more than one line of code at a time to quickly do things like create a bulleted list, update a series of strings, and make multiple edits simultaneously.
- Quick Edit offers an inline editor for the relevant CSS within an HTML file, so you can make changes fast.
- Quick Docs saves you time by displaying relevant Web Platform Docs reference information for CSS properties directly within Code View.
- Load and open files quickly and get through projects faster with a new performance-boosted and clutter-free workspace designed for developers.
- Preview your page edits in real time as you code without having to manually refresh your browser.
- Use Dreamweaver's FTP features to push your files on to a web server.
Where can I learn more about new features?
How does Dreamweaver compare with earlier versions?
How does Dreamweaver integrate with other Adobe creative applications?
What are the minimum system requirements to run Dreamweaver?
Is Dreamweaver compatible with Windows 10?
Is Dreamweaver compatible with macOS v10.12 or OS X v10.11?
What types of documents can I open with Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver 2017 can open and edit multiple document types. Some of the document file types that Dreamweaver can open and edit are:
- HTML documents
- Server-side Includes
- PHP files
- XML files
- SQL files
- SVG files
- Json files
- Library files (*.lbi)
- Template files (*.dwt)
- Style sheets (*.css, *.less, *.sass, *.scss)
- Active Server Pages and Active Server Plus Pages
- ColdFusion templates
- Manifest (*.appcache)
- Directory Configuration files (*.htaccess)
- Text files (*.txt)
What type of code does Dreamweaver produce?
Can I create responsive web and mobile content in Dreamweaver?
Can I continue to use earlier versions of Dreamweaver?
Where can I get a trial version of Dreamweaver?
With a free Creative Cloud membership, you can download a 7-day trial version of Dreamweaver — and other applications in Creative Cloud. When you upgrade to an All Apps plan, you’ll be able to download the full version of every Creative Cloud application.