An error message is displayed when Animate is launched, and the user preferences folder does not have write access.
For correct functioning, Animate writes its application-specific files or information in user folders. If you do not have write permissions to the folders Animate tries to write into, an error message is displayed.
In the folder paths or names listed in the procedures, replace the parts between brackets '<>' with the following details:
- Replace <user> with your account name.
- Replace <version> with the version of Animate you are using.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom of the window.
- Provide your user credentials when prompted.
- Click the + button to add your user account.
- Click your user account and choose Select.
- Change the Privilege on your user account to Read and Write by clicking Read only, and changing it to Read and Write.
- Click the lock icon to save the changes.