A SpeedGrade project is stored in XML file with an ircp filename extension. The file contains information about sequences, assets, and editing decisions.
The file stores references to the name and location of asset files in your project. If you move, rename, or delete an asset, SpeedGrade prompts you to locate the missing file the next time you open the project.
- When creating a project from Welcome screen, save the project first.
- Add one or more assets to the Timeline.
- To rename the project or save it to another location, press Ctrl+S (Windows) or Cmd+S (Macintosh).
If this is not your first SpeedGrade project, see Start a new project.
Delete the Timeline of an existing project.
Deleting the Timeline unloads the current project from SpeedGrade. It does not delete the project itself.
Make sure to save your changes to the current project before unloading it. See Save a project.
SpeedGrade saves the status of your work every 5 seconds. However, saving the current project from time to time is recommended. Multiple saves are useful for reverting to a previous version you liked better.
- Press Ctrl+O (Windows) or Cmd+O (Macintosh) and open the first project.
- Use the Media browser view to navigate to the folder that contains the ircp file of the second project that you want to open at the same time.
- Click the Plus (+) icon on the file's thumbnail.
SpeedGrade opens the second project on a second Timeline. Opening multiple timelines enables split-screen playback.
- Use the Desktop view to navigate to the folder that contains the ircp file that you want to remane.
- Right-click the ircp file, select Rename from the context menu, and rename the file.
- Use the Desktop view to navigate to the folder that contains the ircp file that you want to delete.
- Right-click the ircp file and select Delete from the context menu.