RoboHelp comes with powerful publishing capabilities so you can generate your output in many formats. Choose from a variety of output preset types, such as Responsive HTML5, PDF, and Mobile App, and cater to users from various platforms. Output presets are easy-to-configure; you can use the many settings to create multiple Help systems from the same project with different content, layouts, and experiences.
With RoboHelp (2019 release), you can experience a smooth output generation, even as you continue working on your project.
Before you generate your project output in RoboHelp, you need to create and configure an output preset. Once the output preset is ready, you can use the preset to generate the output.
You can access the output preset from the Output Presets panel in the Output toolbar. Alternatively, you can access the output preset in the Quick Generate dialog box of the authoring window.
To identify the type of output preset from the Output Presets panel or in the Quick Generate dialog box, check the icon before the output preset name. The following icons correspond to the given types of output presets:
Microsoft HTML Help
Based on the type of your output preset you had chosen, you can view tabs such as General, Content, and more to configure settings.
To know more about how to configure a type of output preset, see the following resources:
The entire project is not included in the output generated. In the Contents tab > Table of Contents field, the selected Table of Contents determines what is included. That is, only the topics (and the referenced files inside these topics) in the selected Table of Contents file are included.
Once you've configured your desired output preset, you're set to generate your output. To do this, follow these steps:
Alternatively, you can do the following to generate output:
- Click the Output tab at the left side of the Standard toolbar.
- In Output view, in the Output toolbar, click Output Presets.
- In the Output Presets panel, select an output preset and click Generate Preset .
Or, against an output preset, choose Options > Generate.
A progress bar displays the progress of output generation. To cancel output generation, click . After output generation is complete, to view the output, click . If the output generation is not successful, click to view the error log.
Before generating output, you can also edit multiple output presets through the Quick Generate dialog box. To do so:
- Select the output presets you want to edit, and click Edit. The preset editor for each output preset opens in Output view.
- Use tabs such as General, Content, and Layout to edit the properties of each output preset.
- Generate output using the Output Presets panel in Output view.
Or, go back to Author view, open the Quick Generate dialog box, select the edited output presets, and click Generate.
You can easily duplicate an available output preset or delete it from the Output Presets panel and the Quick Generate dialog box.
- Ensure that your system has sufficient memory. See System requirements for more details.
- To generate Mobile App output, you will require Internet connection.