The November 2015 release of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effects introduces a new Start experience to help you get started with common tasks, such as creating or opening a file. Find answers here to common questions about the new Start experience.
I just launched the Adobe application and my familiar workspace is gone. What happened to it?
I do not want the Start workspace or screen to appear when I launch my app. How can I hide it?
You can hide the Start workspace or screen so that it does not appear when you launch the app.
Do the following:
- Open the application preferences. For example, do the following to open Photoshop preferences:
- (Windows) Choose Edit > Preferences > General.
- (Mac OS) Choose Photoshop > Preferences > General.
- Depending on the app you are using, do the following:
- (Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign) Deselect Show "Start" Workspace When No Documents Are Open.
- (Premiere Pro) Select At Startup > Open Most Recent.
- (After Effects) Deselect Show Welcome Screen On Startup.
I want to open the file that I worked with recently when I launch Premiere Pro and After Effects. How can I do that?
You can choose to display the files that you most recently opened instead of the Start Screen in Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Go to Preferences > General and select Open Most Recent from the At Startup drop-down list.
Go to Preferences > General and deselect Show Start Screen At Startup.
What is the default number of recent files that can be displayed in the workspace?
Can I change the number of recent files to display?
Yes, you can change the number of filenames to display in the list of recent files.
- Photoshop: Go to Preferences > File Handling and specify a number in the Recent File List Contains field.
- InDesign: Go to Preferences > File Handling and specify a number in the Number of Recent Items To Display field.
- Illustrator: Go to Preferences > File Handling & Clipboard and specify a number in theNumber of Recent Items To Display field.
What is the maximum number of recent files that can be displayed in the workspace?
Can I purchase images and videos directly from Stock in the Start and Recent Files workspaces?
When you search for an image or video in Adobe Stock from within the Start or Recent Files workspace, it takes you to the Adobe Stock site to purchase assets. For more information, see Using Adobe Stock.