When you launch Creative Cloud desktop app, it doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel with one of the following error messages:
- Loading applications seems to be taking longer than usual.
- Creative Cloud seems to be taking longer than usual to initialize.
Upgrading to the current version of Creative Cloud desktop app resolves this issue. To do so, follow these steps:
- Quit Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Download and install the updated version of Creative Cloud desktop app.
The following steps allow you to locate the currently installed version of Creative Cloud desktop app:
- Click the three vertical dots icon at the upper-right corner of Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Go to Preferences.
- Under the General tab, click Account. Version information is available above the Adobe ID.
The AppData is hidden with Windows default settings. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to show it.
The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default after 10.7. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions on accessing it.