The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app is critical for Creative Cloud functionalities such as installing Creative Cloud apps, sync, font sync, libraries, and more. Adobe strongly recommends that you do not uninstall this app.
However, in certain scenarios like a corrupted Creative Cloud desktop app, or problems installing some Creative Cloud apps, you can uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.
For example, you may receive the following error message while updating the Creative Cloud desktop app:
Creative Cloud desktop failed to update. (Error Code: 2)
If you are seeing this error, follow the steps below to uninstall and then reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app:
If you need to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app, download and run the uninstallation tool appropriate for your operating system. You will need administrative privileges to complete the uninstallation.
1. Download the ZIP file containing the executable uninstaller.
2. Extract Creative Cloud Uninstaller.zip.
3. Run the executable installer file, Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.
4. The installer prompts you to confirm that you want to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app. Review the message and click Uninstall.
5. The uninstaller removes the app from your computer and displays a confirmation message. Click Close.
1. Download the Zip file and mount the DMG file.
2. Depending upon your security settings, you may receive a warning to open the uninstaller from the mounted DMG file. Click Open to continue.
3. The installer prompts you to confirm that you want to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app. Review the message and click Uninstall.
4. The uninstaller removes the app from your computer and displays a confirmation message. Click Close.
Create a folder on the machine which has SCCM server and place the Creative Cloud Uninstaller executable in it. You can pick the executable from any machine which has the latest Creative Cloud desktop app installed. The executable is located at:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe
- macOS: /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/Utils/Creative Cloud Uninstaller
The Creative Cloud desktop app can only be uninstalled if all Creative Cloud applications (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) have already been uninstalled from the system.