Illustrator on the iPad overview
- Illustrator User Guide
- Get to know Illustrator
- Introduction to Illustrator
- Workspace basics
- Learn faster with the Illustrator Discover panel
- Create documents
- Default keyboard shortcuts
- Customize keyboard shortcuts
- Introduction to artboards
- Manage artboards
- Customize the workspace
- Properties panel
- Set preferences
- Touch Workspace
- Microsoft Surface Dial support in Illustrator
- Undo edits and manage design history
- Rotate view
- Rulers, grids, and guides
- Accessibility in Illustrator
- Safe Mode
- View artwork
- Use the Touch Bar with Illustrator
- Files and templates
- Tools in Illustrator
- Tools at a glance
- Select tools
- Navigate tools
- Paint tools
- Text tools
- Draw tools
- Modify tools
- Quick actions
- Illustrator on the iPad
- Introduction to Illustrator on the iPad
- Select and arrange objects
- Work with images
- Cloud documents
- Add and edit content
- Drawing basics
- Edit paths
- Draw pixel-perfect art
- Draw with the Pen, Curvature, or Pencil tool
- Draw simple lines and shapes
- Image Trace
- Simplify a path
- Define perspective grids
- Symbolism tools and symbol sets
- Adjust path segments
- Design a flower in 5 easy steps
- Perspective drawing
- Draw pixel-aligned paths for web workflows
- 3D objects and materials
- Select and arrange objects
- Reshape objects
- Crop images
- Transform objects
- Combine objects
- Cut, divide, and trim objects
- Puppet Warp
- Scale, shear, and distort objects
- Blend objects
- Reshape using envelopes
- Reshape objects with effects
- Build new shapes with Shaper and Shape Builder tools
- Work with Live Corners
- Enhanced reshape workflows with touch support
- Edit clipping masks
- Live shapes
- Create shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Global editing
- Add text and work with type objects
- Create bulleted and numbered lists
- Manage text area
- Fonts and typography
- Format type
- Import and export text
- Format paragraphs
- Special characters
- Create type on a path
- Character and paragraph styles
- Text and type
- Find missing fonts (Typekit workflow)
- Update text from Illustrator 10
- Arabic and Hebrew type
- Fonts | FAQ and troubleshooting tips
- Create 3D text effect
- Creative typography designs
- Scale and rotate type
- Line and character spacing
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Text enhancements
- Spelling and language dictionaries
- Format Asian characters
- Composers for Asian scripts
- Create text designs with blend objects
- Create a text poster using Image Trace
- Create special effects
- Web graphics
- Import, export, and save
- Creative Cloud Libraries in Illustrator
- Prepare for printing
- Automate tasks
Illustrator on the iPad gives you freedom to create precise vector graphics with Apple Pencil and touch interface, anywhere inspiration strikes.
Illustrator on the iPad lets you create gorgeous vector graphics with precision and speed, absolutely anywhere.
With Illustrator on your iPad and Apple Pencil in your hand, you're all set to create magic on the canvas.
You already have access to Illustrator on the iPad if you're a Creative Cloud subscriber. Just download the app and take your creativity to new places!
Read on to discover what remarkable features and functionalities Illustrator brings on the iPad.
Reimagined for touch to modernize your experience
With familiar workspace, workflows, and touch shortcuts and gestures on the iPad, you’ll feel closer to your work than ever before. Core drawing tools – Pen, Pencil, Paint Brush and Blob Brush work amazingly on the iPad as you get more control over their settings.
Create precise graphics naturally with Apple Pencil
Create high-precision designs that scale brilliantly to any size and format. Draw crisp lines, smooth curves and edit your graphics down to a pixel — all with responsiveness and natural fluidity of Apple Pencil. Add life to your designs with 20+ color books and gradients.
Design impressive patterns with a touch
Quickly create patterns that span across canvas with Grid Repeat or create circular patterns with Radial Repeat. You can create symmetrical patterns of paths, shapes, and type with Mirror Repeat. The reflection changes in real time as you create. Also, you can create unique designs by blending objects.
Design stunning typography using extensive features
Access 17,000 fonts from top foundry and designers directly from the app. Upload your own fonts through Illustrator on the iPad and use them in all Creative Cloud apps. Play with text on a path, use outlines to explore more design options with advanced type features.
Work anywhere – on a desktop or a mountaintop
Work on desktop, iPad, and even offline as your files are synced to the cloud, so you can always pick up where you left off. Your updates will get auto-synced when you go online again. With Illustrator on your iPad, you can stay creative wherever you go!
Take your Photoshop designs further with Illustrator
Experience seamless design integration with the Creative Cloud apps through cloud documents. Bring your Photoshop and Fresco designs into Illustrator with ease to use vector designing capabilities. Your updates in Photoshop cloud documents will be automatically reflected in Illustrator as well.
Livestream your designs to inspire and be inspired
Livestream your creative workflows to Behance and social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) from Illustrator on the iPad. Explore artist stories, tutorials, livestream events, and more.
You can also watch artists live from within Illustrator on the iPad and get inspired by the magnificent work done by the Illustrator design community.
Let's get started now
Whether you're on inspiration hunt or need quick pin-point precision, Illustrator on the iPad is the right choice. So, what are you waiting for? Add wings to your creativity with Illustrator on the iPad!
Before you start, take a look at the following topics:
- System requirements to learn about the hardware and software you need for using Illustrator on the iPad.
- Illustrator on the iPad FAQs to get quick answers to common questions.
- Illustrator's workspace on the iPad to know where your favorite tools and features are available.
Video tutorial: Get to know Illustrator on the iPad
Watch this 5-minute video to catch a glimpse of the workspace, features, and tools of Illustrator on the iPad. You can also take a guided tour from the app Home screen.
Got feedback? We're all ears.
Illustrator is taking its first step on the iPad and will continue to evolve as you share your valuable feedback and experiences with us.
It's easy to report issues and request for new features. You can also join the Adobe Illustrator Community to seek and provide guidance on using the app. We look forward to hearing from you.