Extract Assets is a feature in Photoshop CC (2014) and earlier that provides an interface on top of Adobe Generator to extract assets quickly for web and screen design from Photoshop files. You can select layers or layer groups in Photoshop and use a graphical user interface to extract them as JPG, PNG, SVG, or GIF image assets.
With Extract Assets you can:
- Extract a layer or a layer group from a PSD into one or more image assets
- Create image assets that are PNG, JPG, GIF, or SVG
- Set up 1x, 2x, or more versions of all image assets
- Preview each image asset
- Easily extract assets into your preferred folder
- Ensure that the extracted assets are updated whenever the PSD changes