Slack plugin for XD
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to work with Slack plugin in XD.
Slack in Adobe XD lets you share artboards, images, prototype links, and design to your Slack channels and contacts, seamlessly. With Slack plugin, you can add multiple workspaces, create public or private Slack channels, or provide access to private links within XD.
Work with Slack plugin
Once installed, request permission to access Slack in XD:
- Click Sign In.
- In the Slack web page, enter your workspace URL.
- Choose the workspace from the drop-down list on the upper-right corner and click Submit.
- After the request is approved, you receive a notification from Slack.
- Go to App Directory and click Add to Slack.
To add a workspace to XD:
- Reopen Adobe XD and click Sign In again.
- Choose the workspace from the drop-down list on the upper-right corner, and click Allow.
To sign out of your Slack account, click Sign out.
You can add multiple Slack workspaces in XD and switch between each. Go to Settings, click the Add workspace button, and choose the workspace that you want to activate.
In the Slack plugin, click ATTACHMENT.
To add an attachment:
- Click any layer, image, or artboard from the canvas.
- Choose the File Type and size of the attachment.
Enter the name of your contact, channels, or groups within your workspace on Share with.
To share the attachment, click Post.
In the Slack plugin, click Share with drop-down and select Add new channel.
In the Create new Slack channel window, enter the details.
To create a public channel, click Create and OK.
To create a private channel, select the Make private check box, and click Create and OK.
Click XD Link and select the Link from the drop-down.
To share the link within your workspace, type a message and click Post and Done.
Click XD Link and select the link from the drop-down.
Type the name of the contact, group, or channel in Share with and click Post.
A window displays prompting you to allow access to the private link with recipients. To allow access, select Yes, invite everyone in this channel to this link and click Share.