The Adobe XD mobile app enables you to preview your designs on iOS and Android devices.
Edit your design using XD on the desktop and see them reflected in real time on mobile devices connected through USB.
You can save XD documents as cloud documents (a new native file type that is accessible online or offline directly from inside the XD app) from within XD and retrieve them from Cloud Documents section in assets.adobe.com.
What is Adobe XD on mobile?
Adobe XD on mobile is a companion app that lets you preview your designs and prototypes on iOS and Android devices using the following modes:
- Real-time Preview via USB (available on macOS and Windows 10 on iOS and only on macOS on Android): You can connect multiple devices via USB to your computer running Adobe XD, edit your designs and prototypes on the desktop, and preview them in real time on all the connected mobile devices. For previewing using an USB on Win 10, ensure that you install the latest version of iTunes on Win 10.
- Loading Adobe XD Cloud Documents (available for documents created in Adobe XD on macOS or Windows 10): If you have XD documents saved as cloud documents on your desktop, you can load them onto your devices using Adobe XD on mobile.
How can I get Adobe XD on mobile?
Should I use Adobe XD on mobile along with Adobe XD on desktop?
- Yes, for Real-time Preview via USB (available on Adobe XD Desktop for macOS and Windows 10): Adobe XD on desktop sends data from the computer to the mobile device. All changes you make to your designs or prototypes are reflected on all USB-connected mobile devices. When you disconnect the USB cable, the process stops. To see your work again on your mobile devices, you must connect the devices to the computer running the desktop app of Adobe XD.
Can I download Adobe XD on mobile for free?
Do I need Creative Cloud account to use Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I learn to use Adobe XD on mobile? Where do I go for help and support?
What are the steps to follow for previewing my work using Adobe XD on mobile using USB?
What changes were made in XD 14 that affect how I save and access my documents in XD mobile?
- On the XD mobile app, XD Documents screen is now renamed as Cloud Documents.
- On the XD desktop app, all new XD documents you create are auto-saved to Creative Cloud as cloud documents to prevent loss of your work. However, you have the option to save the document to your desktop as a non-cloud document, but the document will not auto-save.
- Older XD documents created prior to XD version 14 must be Saved As cloud documents to be visible on the XD mobile app. You cannot move the documents to the Creative Cloud Sync folder on your desktop and convert them to new cloud documents. Instead, you must open the document in XD and Save As a cloud document.
Can I unplug my USB cable or go offline on Adobe XD mobile? Can I still see my work created with Adobe XD?
Yes. The latest previewed XD document is cached on your mobile device, so you can unplug the USB and continue working on the previewed prototype. When relaunching the XD app, switch to Live Preview and see the latest prototype.
Large documents take some time to cache after unplugging. If you are previewing a large document and unplug your phone, killing the XD app right away prevents it from properly caching the document. To preview this document later, do not kill the app immediately.
Can I access and use my prototypes with Adobe XD on mobile while being offline?
Yes. If you save your XD documents to Creative Cloud, you can download them for viewing later when offline.
How do I browse the artboards of the current document I'm seeing using Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I share the current screen I'm viewing as an image using Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I enable or disable hotspot hints using Adobe XD on mobile?
Guiding the user with hotspot hints can be beneficial when testing a prototype. After using the three finger tap, you can activate and deactivate hotspot hints. If hotspots are enabled, when the user taps on a non-interactive area, all the interactive areas (like buttons) are highlighted in blue, to show the areas that can be tapped.
Which versions of iOS does Adobe XD support?
Adobe XD for iOS works with 64-bit devices, with iOS version 11.0 or later installed. Here is a list of supported 64-bit Apple devices:
- iPhone: XR, XS, XS Max, X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, iPhone 5S
- iPad: iPad (2018 and 2017), Air, Air2, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4, and iPad Pro (generations 1, 2, 3)
Which versions of Android do Adobe XD support?
How many devices can I connect to Adobe XD on the desktop simultaneously using USB?
How do I connect using a USB connection?
(USB connection is available only on Adobe XD on macOS and Windows 10; do note that android and windows are not compatible)
Plug your mobile device using a USB cable that transfers data, launch Adobe XD on desktop and on your mobile device, and then open a project with at least one artboard.
Real-time preview via USB is available only for users using Adobe XD on macOS and Windows 10.
Can I swipe to navigate the artboards on my device?
What should I do if the three-finger tap does not display the menu options?
How can I set up Android devices to preview Adobe XD projects?
Make sure that your Android device is set to transfer data through the USB port, not transfer power (charging mode). To do so, set "USB configuration" on your device to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" using the following steps:
You can change the setting at a later point in time by opening Settings > Developer Options (see how to enable Developer Options) > Networking > Select USB Configuration > MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
What is this window I see every time I connect my Android device to my desktop, saying "Open Adobe XD when this USB accessory is connected"?
When you open Adobe XD on Android for the first time and connect your device through USB, you see a pop-up window with the message Open Adobe XD when this USB accessory is connected. Tap OK for the connection to work. If you tap CANCEL, the connection does not work and you have to reinstall the app on Android or change permissions.
Does Adobe XD on mobile support text transformations and text strikethrough?
How can I preview a prototype with keyboard shortcuts or gamepad keys in mobile?
Will cloud documents change how I access XD documents through the XD mobile app and the Creative Cloud mobile app?
Yes. The XD mobile app retrieves cloud documents from a destination called Cloud Documents hosted on Creative Cloud. To access your XD documents, open your XD files from the XD desktop app and save them as cloud documents. Your files appear in the XD mobile app in the Cloud Documents section. The Creative Cloud mobile app currently does not support cloud documents.
For more information, see Manage and work with cloud documents.
Will XD display my documents saved in Creative Cloud file format?
Adobe XD has changed the cloud sync workflow from Creative Cloud Files to Cloud Documents. The mobile app will no longer display documents saved as Creative Cloud Files.
To view cloud based documents on mobile, open those documents on Mac or Win XD 14.0 and re-save them as Cloud Documents. You can use the Shared with You tab to view the documents that have been shared with you.
For more information on Cloud Documents, see Cloud documents in XD.
How do I save my existing XD documents as cloud documents?
Why some of my fonts are not being transferred to the mobile device?
Fonts are not transferred to your device because of any of the following reasons:
- The font is missing on desktop.
- Certain font vendors do not allow for the transfer, display, and distribution of their fonts.
- Adobe XD on mobile does not support the format (for example, PostScript type 1 fonts).
Why am I getting the message "The downloaded file has no artboards. Please add an artboard on desktop XD” when I attempt to open certain files on mobile (iOS)?
How do I provide feedback regarding Adobe XD on mobile?
How do I suggest a feature request?
You can influence the future of Adobe XD on desktop and on mobile! At anytime, you can suggest a feature request using the Adobe XD site on UserVoice, or upvote on existing ones. When Adobe updates the status of the feature (for example, "feature-completed"), you get an email with the update.