Liquify tool | Add effects to your artwork
- Adobe Fresco User Guide
- What's New in Adobe Fresco
- What is Adobe Fresco
- System Requirements for Adobe Fresco
- Release Notes for Adobe Fresco
- Adobe Fresco on the iPhone
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Accessibility in Fresco
- Adobe Fresco | Common questions
- Get started with the user interface
- Upgrade to a paid plan of Adobe Fresco
- Upgrade storage for Adobe Fresco
- Supported features on iPad and Windows devices
- Draw, paint, animate, and share
- Shapes in Adobe Fresco
- Pixel brushes
- Live brushes
- Vector brushes
- Mixer brushes
- Ribbon brushes
- Adjust pressure curve on stylus
- Paint inside boundaries
- Apply motion to artwork
- Free Transform tool
- Magic Wand tool
- Smudge tool
- Liquify tool
- Add and modify text
- Publish, export, and share
- Layer masks
- Access Creative Cloud libraries in Fresco
- Add your own font
- Grids alignment
- Adobe Fresco and Creative Cloud apps
- Cloud documents
- Examples, ideas, and inspiration
Use the Liquify tool to transform and add effects to your Fresco artwork.
The Liquify tool in Fresco is a transform tool that allows you to modify pixel layers by pushing and pulling the layers in any direction. You can liquify only one layer at a time.
For example, you want to transform the shape of the magical sphere in the image below. The Liquify tool lets you modify the sphere and add any effects to alter its appearance.
Read on to learn how to use the liquify tool to enhance your artwork.
How to use the Liquify tool
To transform and add effects to your artwork with the Liquify tool, follow these steps:
Tap the Liquify icon from the drop-down options and select any of the following liquify effects for your artwork.
Use Warp to adjust the shape of an object.
Use Reconstruct to reverse any distortion added.
Use Smooth to smoothen the appearance of an object.
Use Twirl to change the direction of the twirl.
Use Pucker to shrink the selected area.
Use Bloat to magnify the selected area.
Use Push to adjust the size of an object.
Play this small animation to see the Liquify effects in action.
How to modify your artwork with the Liquify tool
To modify your artwork further after applying the Liquify effects, in the Tool Options area of the dialog box, select any of the following filters:
- Brush Size: Helps distort the image by adjusting the width of the brush.
- Brush Density: Controls how a brush feathers at the edge.
- Brush Pressure: Sets the speed at which distortions are made while dragging a tool.
- Brush Rate: Sets the speed at which distortions are applied when keeping a tool (such as the Twirl tool) stationary.