With Adobe Fresco, you get a large collection of brushes, both raster and vector. And you can use them on the same canvas. Use the Pixel Brushes and Live Brushes icons in the toolbar to access the collection of brushes for raster drawing, painting, and sketching.
You can also import your favorite Photoshop brushes or get more brushes from Kyle T. Webster's ever-growing collection.
Follow these steps to choose a pixel brush and customize its settings:
- Double-tap the Pixel Brushes icon to see the list of brushes in different categories, choose the brush you like.
- Tap on Color to open the color panel and adjust the color and opacity.
- From the Tool Options at the bottom of Tool bar, you can change the brush size, flow, and smoothing as required.
- Tap the Brush Settings icon to adjust various brush settings like spacing, angle, blend mode, stylus pressure and more.
When you start drawing with the pixel brush, you will notice this icon on the layer thumbnail indicating that it's a pixel layer.
When using pixel brushes, you can add a range of mixer brushes to blend and mix multiple colors naturally.
|Brush type||When to use|
|Basic||Make use of the standard round brushes to create basic drawings.|
|Comics||Draw comics using Cross Hatch and Halftone brushes.|
|Charcoal||Make gesture studies, loose sketches or figure construction.
|Dry Media||Blend sketches with paintings using Pencil, Pastel, Graphite, Crayon, and Chalk brushes.|
|FX||Create artwork with special effects using Clouds, Dusty, Foliage, and Ink brushes.|
|Ink||Create calligraphic artwork using Comics, Brush, Blake and Fountain pens, Belgian and Classic comics brushes.|
|Lettering||Make sign paintings, calligraphic, blueprints, and posters using Chisel, Chunk, Comics letterer, Gritty, and Letter Rake brushes.|
|Marker||Render your ideas with realistic digital markers using Marker Brush and Chisel brushes.|
|Mixer||Mix colors on the canvas and combining colors on a brush.
|Painting||Make various types of paintings using Canvas, Cezanne, Bristle, and Blair brushes.|
|Rakes||Create multi-line strokes on canvas using Grit, Short, Textured, Tilt, and Pressure brushes.|
|Sketching||Make sketches before painting using Pencil and Pen sketching brushes.|
As you change a setting, you can preview the effect live while drawing in the Brush Settings panel. Tap on the reset icon, at the bottom of the panel, to go back to the default settings. You can also adjust the pressure curve for better stylus pressure.
Photoshop pixel brushes are the industry-standard brushes. We have a huge library of the best brushes by celebrated brushmaker Kyle T. Webster for all Creative Cloud members. You can import these additional Photoshop brushes into Adobe Fresco by clicking the + icon at the bottom of the Pixel Brushes panel.
You can also import your own favorite Photoshop brushes created and saved to your library.
You can also access Kyle T. Webster's winter 2020 brushes from the same library.
- Tap on Discover more brushes and sign in to adobe.com. Download brushes from Kyle T. Webster's ever-growing set of Photoshop brushes.
- Tap on Import from Files to navigate to the downloaded file and tap on the file to import your favorite brushes.
You can hide all the brushes that you never use, by hiding entire Pixel brushes categories or any individual brushes within categories.
At least one brush collection must be visible. You cannot hide all of your brush collections.
To manage your brushes:
- Click Pixel brushes
- In the Pixel brushes panel, click on the More options icon to your right.
- In the Manage pixel brushes panel, select the category of brushes you want to hide and toggle the setting to off. You can also hide specific brushes within a category.
- Tap the Show all or Hide all options at the bottom, to show or hide all the pixel brushes.
Brush stamp preview enables you to use pixel brushes and eraser more precisely by creating patterns the moment your finger or pencil touches the screen surface. Your brush stamp preview is set to Off by default.
Live brushes or Vector erasers can also use the brush stamp preview feature.
To enable the brush stamp preview:
- Select Settings > App settings.
- Choose Input and click on Brushes. You can increase or decrease the stamp size by altering the brush size.
- Set the Brush Preview indicator, which is set to Off by default, to Brush stamp.
- Click Pixel brushes icon and select any brush from the menu and also pick a color from the Color wheel.
- Touch down the canvas and see that the stamp preview has a clear outline for identification.
- Move around and with every stroke see the stamp preview.
We've got you started with pixel brushes in Adobe Fresco. The interface of Adobe Fresco is intuitive; we hope you will find it easy to unleash your creativity with pixel brushes, live brushes, mixer brushes, vector brushes, colors, and more.
If you have a question to ask or an idea to share, come and participate in Adobe Fresco Community. We would love to hear from you and see your creations.