InDesign CC 2017 (12.1) Release Notes
For the latest system requirements, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/indesign_systemreqs.
For a list of the latest system requirements for other Creative Cloud products, see http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/tech-specs.html#requirements.
Creative Cloud trials are "try and buy", allowing you to evaluate individual products or editions and then convert the installed trial to a full version. You can convert from a trial to a full version at any time by signing up for a subscription. If you purchase a subscription, make sure that you are online and have logged in with an Adobe ID to start using your full version.
What's new in this release
For a list of new features delivered in InDesign 2017, see Adobe InDesign CC 2017 Release | April 2017.
Key issues resolved
- [Mac]: Unable to change the paragraph attribute settings in the Control panel when text is selected.
- [Mac]: Unable to change the paragraph attribute settings in the Paragraph panel when text is selected.
- InDesign hangs on selecting text in World-Ready composer.
- InDesign hangs on selecting text which contains tabs or indents.
- InDesign crashes while working with Quick Apply.
- InDesign crashes while working on documents when Info panel is open.
- InDesign crashes while deleting a row in the Caption Setup dialog box.
- Overridden and deleted master page item remains on the child master page.
- InDesign crashes on opening the Hyperlinks panel.
- InDesign crashes on double-clicking the delete button in the Layers panel.
- InDesign crashes while checking spelling.
- InDesign crashes when optical kerning is applied to specific fonts.
- InDesign crashes while exporting book, with large number of documents, to pdf.
- InDesign crashes on sorting larger number of swatches (~ >60) by Color Value.
- InDesign crashes while changing the table header row setting to repeat every column.
- Vertical streak appears on exporting a document to PDF X4.
- Form fields with same name do not provide identical results when exported to Interactive PDF.
- [Win]: VB Script can be executed only after InDesign is launched in the admin mode at least once.
- InDesign crashes while converting a combination of hyperlink and regular text to a note.
- InDesign crashes on updating links to the placed graphics.
- [Win]: On launching InDesign, AIGPUSniffer Interface Binder starts and does not stop. This is fixed by Nvidia. Download the latest graphics drive (376.84 and above) from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us to fix this issue.
For general Adobe Forums, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/forums.
To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software, visit http://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all.
For product Help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_InDesign_support_en.
For assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other issues, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support.
To contact customer care, visit http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/.