When you access the Performance preferences (Edit > Preferences > Performance), the following error message is displayed:
An integer between 50 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted.
Generally, when you encounter any of the following errors, you may want to change settings in the Performance dialog:
- "Could not complete your request because of a problem parsing the JPEG data"
- "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)"
- "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer & reopened any document"
- The following workaround is applicable for Photoshop Elements retail users only.
- Before you begin, make sure that you back up the registry. Refer to Microsoft's documentation How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
In the Registry Editor window, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\16.0 folder.
If you have installed Photoshop Elements from Windows App Store, then you will not have the above-mentioned folder structure. You must create the specified folder structure within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ folder in your registry. The Photoshop Elements version number depends on the product’s version installed on your system. For example, for 2018 the folder name should be 16.0, for version 15 the folder name should be 15.0, and for version 14 the folder name should be 14.0.