Learn how to share design specs with developers.
Design specs empower you to share design properties of your files with the developers. By sharing the design specs, you provide key information like object height, width, size, alignment, relative spacing between two icons (objects), colors, and typography.
When you share the design specs as public links, use Copy Embed Code option to embed your prototype link on an external website.
When you share design specs as secure private links, you can invite internal and external reviewers and set permissions to reshare them further. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other set of reviewers who want to access or view the secure private link.
When you share the design specs as password links, you can restrict access through password protection.
To share design specs:
4. Click Create Link to generate a sharable link. You can also access it from the URL picker list () in the Property Inspector in Share mode.
5. If you want to create a secured private link, select Only invited people in the Link Access settings. Alternatively, to create a public link:
6. Add your reviewers in the Invite option and set permissions to reshare.
7. If you want to create a password link, select Anyone with Password option, and click Create Link.
8. You can continue updating your design even after you have shared the design link. Click Update Link to update the existing prototype. Alternatively, if you want to create the versions of your prototypes, click New Link to create a new shared prototype.
If you have any issues with sharing or viewing shared design specs, see Workarounds for common design spec errors.