Share design specs
- Adobe XD User Guide
- What's new in Adobe XD
- Common questions
- Design, prototype, and share with Adobe XD
- System requirements
- Workspace basics
- Change app language in Adobe XD
- Access UI design kits
- Accessibility in Adobe XD
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Tips and tricks
- Adobe XD subscription options
- Changes to XD Starter Plan
- Artboards, guides, and layers
- Shapes, objects, and path
- Text and fonts
- Components and states
- Masking and effects
- Videos and Lottie animations
- Create interactive prototypes
- Animate prototypes
- Object properties supported for auto-animate
- Create prototypes with keyboard and gamepad
- Create prototypes using voice commands and playback
- Create timed transitions
- Add overlays
- Design voice prototypes
- Create anchor links
- Create hyperlinks
- Preview designs and prototypes
- Share, export, and review
- Share selected artboards
- Share designs and prototypes
- Set access permissions for links
- Work with prototypes
- Review prototypes
- Work with design specs
- Share design specs
- Inspect design specs
- Navigate design specs
- Review and comment design specs
- Export design assets
- Export and download assets from design specs
- Group sharing for enterprise
- Back up or transfer XD assets
- Design systems
- Cloud documents
- Integrations and plugins
- Work with external assets
- Work with design assets from Photoshop
- Copy and paste assets from Photoshop
- Import or open Photoshop designs
- Work with Illustrator assets in Adobe XD
- Open or import Illustrator designs
- Copy vectors from Illustrator to XD
- Plugins for Adobe XD
- Create and manage plugins
- Jira integration for XD
- Slack plugin for XD
- Zoom plug-in for XD
- Publish design from XD to Behance
- XD for iOS and Android
- Known and fixed issues
- Installation and updates
- Launch and crash
- Cloud documents and Creative Cloud Libraries
- Prototype, publish, and review
- Import, export, and working with other apps
Learn how to share design specs with developers.
Design specs empower you to share design properties of your files with the developers. By sharing the design specs, you provide key information like object height, width, size, alignment, relative spacing between two icons (objects), colors, and typography.
When you share the design specs as public links, use Copy Embed Code option to embed your prototype link on an external website.
When you share design specs as secure private links, you can invite internal and external reviewers and set permissions to reshare them further. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other set of reviewers who want to access or view the secure private link.
When you share the design specs as password links, you can restrict access through password protection.
To share design specs:
- Open the Adobe XD file that you want to share. In XD, switch to Share mode.
- In the Link Settings pane, set a design spec title.
- From View Setting, select Development, and choose the output of your form factor (Web, iOS, or Android).
a. iOS: Default unit is pt, assets are available in 1x, 2x, and 3x.
b. Web: Default unit is px, assets are available in 1x and 2x.
c. Android: Default unit is dp.
XD sets the default units of measurement based on the option chosen in the share dialog box. These default units are not editable.
4. Click Create Link to generate a sharable link. You can also access it from the URL picker list () in the Property Inspector in Share mode.
5. If you want to create a secured private link, select Only invited people in the Link Access settings. Alternatively, to create a public link:
- Click the link to open the design specs in the default browser.
- Click Copy Link to copy the public link and send it to developer for inspection.
6. Add your reviewers in the Invite option and set permissions to reshare.
- Can view lets reviewers view and add comments for the design specs shared.
- Can share, the default permission lets reviewers reshare the design specs. Reviewers can add, remove, or accept requests from other reviewers who want to access or view the published private link.
7. If you want to create a password link, select Anyone with Password option, and click Create Link.
8. You can continue updating your design even after you have shared the design link. Click Update Link to update the existing prototype. Alternatively, if you want to create the versions of your prototypes, click New Link to create a new shared prototype.
If you have any issues with sharing or viewing shared design specs, see Workarounds for common design spec errors.
Aanmelden bij je account
Snelle koppelingenAl je lidmaatschappen weergeven Je lidmaatschappen beheren