Looking for information pertaining to the most current version of Photoshop CC? See Tablet support for Photoshop | Windows.
Pressure sensitivity or other stylus functions don’t work on some tablet-based devices in Photoshop CC (v14.2.x) on Windows 8 or later.
Create a file that contains instructions to use the RealTimeStylus functionality. To enable the RealTimeStylus functionality:
- Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- Type in the following lines:
- Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt, and save the file into the Photoshop settings folder: [Installation Drive]:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Adobe Photoshop CC Settings\
To turn off the RealTimeStylus functionality, delete the PSUSerConfig.txt file. Or, move it to a different folder if it doesn't contain any other commands, or change the lines so they read:
- Windows: Some files and folders are hidden on Windows. See Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 for more information.
- Mac OS: The user Library folder is hidden on Mac OS 10.7 and later. See Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for more information.
By default, Microsoft’s Wintab technology is enabled in Photoshop CC (v14.2.x). However, if your tablet has issues when using that technology, switching to the RealTimeStylus technology could give your stylus better performance.