Get answers to frequently asked questions contributors have about taxes.

General tax FAQs

Adobe Stock team members cannot advise you on individual tax issues or how to fill out forms. We can help you with technical issues. Please email

No, you cannot upload a pre-filled tax form, you must complete the tax form online in the Tax Center.

Do not insert decimals in the WHT rate (for example, put 10% instead of 10.00%).

We don’t provide 1099s for download currently. At the end of January, we will mail you a hardcopy of your 1099. Check that the address in your Contributor Account profile is up-to-date to ensure that you receive your form.

Yes, please email to request a signed statement with royalties earned and withholding tax (WHT) for any year.

When royalties are earned, taxes (if applicable) are automatically withheld and deposited directly to the IRS by the Tax Team.

No, the validated form and appropriate withholding tax rate is only applicable to future transactions.

FAQs specific to U.S. citizens and registered aliens

U.S. individual and corporate contributors must complete Form W-9.

U.S. contributors (U.S. citizen or registered alien of the U.S.) must have a validated tax form on file to request a payment.

Complete a W-9 offline (not in the Tax Center) and email it to We will email your form to our IT department to manually override the system so that you can benefit from the 0% tax rate.

Yes, email your request to In addition, update your address in your Contributor Account profile to ensure that you receive a paper copy automatically next year.

Adobe Stock's system is set up so that you receive a 1099 based on the royalties earned each year.

This is done for several reasons:

  • This prevents contributors from “hoarding” royalties and only cashing them out when they feel like paying taxes on them.
  • Earning royalties constitutes "constructive receipt" based on IRS rules.
  • Even though contributors cannot cash out until they have at least $50, they can technically close their account and receive their royalties.

Please note: royalties are taxed the year you earn them, they are not taxed again when you remove the funds.

FAQs specific to non-U.S. citizens

Foreign individual contributor: Form W-8BEN

Foreign corporate contributor: Form W-8BEN-E

Yes, you do! For all payout requests a valid tax form needs to be uploaded via the contributor portal.

No, a U.S. or foreign TIN is not required to file a valid W-8 and benefit from the tax treaty between your country and the U.S. Note: typically you would need a TIN, but we have a special agreement with the IRS that enables you to file a W-8 without the TIN.

Yes, you do need to complete the tax form in order to request a payout.

Yes, please email and we will email a copy of the most recent one we have on file.

Because of a special agreement we have with the IRS, we don't issue forms 1042-S separately to each contributor. However, we can provide a signed document that includes earnings and amount of withholding via email on request. Please email us at


Please email to request information about your withholding tax rate and any other details you need about your withholding taxes.

Această lucrare este oferită sub licență Atribuire-Necomercial-FărăModificări 3.0 Ne-adaptată Creative Commons  Postările pe Twitter™ şi Facebook nu sunt acoperite de condiţiile de licenţiere Creative Commons.

Prevederi legale   |   Politică de confidențialitate online