Two different DPS viewer types are available for Android devices: the legacy AIR-based viewer and the new native viewer. Some of the features that work in the iPad viewer are not supported in one or both Android viewers.
- Web Content overlays and HTML articles are not fully supported in Android viewers. HTML content that works in mobile Safari might behave differently in other device browsers. HTML5 storage is not supported on Android. See Creating HTML articles for Android viewers.
- Subscriptions are supported for iOS but not Google Play Store.
- iOS viewers display only folios with either a 4:3 aspect ratio (iPad) or a 3:2/16:9 aspect ratio (iPhone). The folio content is scaled up or down to fit the screen. However, Android viewers display any folio size. Content is scaled and letterboxed as necessary.
- Push notifications is not supported on Android.
- Social sharing through the Web Viewer is not supported on Android.
- Single-folio apps are not supported on Android.
- Sections are not supported on Android.
- Panoramas are not supported on Android.
- Inline videos are supported on native Android viewers but not in legacy Android viewers.
For a comparison chart of supported features for each viewer type, see DPS supported feature list.
For information about making DPS apps for Android devices, see the following: