February 24, 2014
In some instances, 1136x640 iPhone folios were not receiving push notifications and wer not being selected as the appropriate rendition. This issue was resolved with the v29.3 release. (3704287)
External links in Web Content overlays are now working properly in the web viewer. (3697794)
HTML articles with external link target as _blank replaces the current page instead of opening a new window or tab in the web viewer browser. This issue was fixed in the v29.3 release. (3697798)
February 14, 2014
In native Android apps, Google Play and Amazon Appstore in-app purchases are now working properly when you create a new native Android app. (3699074)
February 11, 2014
If you used the newest v29.2 dot release (February 7) to build an app that works on both the iPad and iPhone, the app crashes on the iPhone when the user goes into browse mode. The February 11 hot fix resolved this issue.
If you re-built and submitted an iPad/iPhone app after February 7 and your app crashes in browse mode on the iPhone, re-build (edit) the app and then re-submit the app. The hot fix will NOT require you to download a new version of DPS App Builder.
February 7, 2014
Apple recently began rejecting apps that use Advertising Identifier for purposes other than advertising. DPS viewers include the Facebook SDK for social sharing, so Apple has been rejecting all newly submitted DPS apps. To fix this issue, Adobe disabled iOS 6 social sharing in newly created apps. This change to the viewer does not affect any app already in the App Store. It affects only new builds of v28 and v29 apps.
In any new v28 or v29 app, the entire social sharing menu—not just the Facebook option—is disabled on devices that run iOS 6. The social sharing menu is still available on iOS 7 devices.
If Apple rejected your app recently due to the Advertising Identifier, use DPS App Builder to rebuild your app, and re-submit it to the App Store. This is a server-side change, so updating DPS App Builder is not required.
Historically, we do not know of a case where Apple has rejected an existing app in the store, so existing apps should not be affected.
February 5, 2014
- Bug fixed in which downloaded folios were being deleted from the library whenever the non-Newsstand app was removed from memory and restarted. This bug was caused by extended characters in the publication. It affected the Adobe Content Viewer and non-Newsstand DPS apps. (3691128)
- Bug fixed in which iTunes subscriber lost entitlement when a passcode-protected iDevice was restarted and the app is awoken via a Newstand push before the user unlocked the device. (3595346)
- The Newsstand cover now updates properly with a background push notification even if the user is not entitled to the folio. (3684294)
- For base analytics, the Audience Settings list is no longer truncated in the Accumulation Settings list when the account includes a large number of folios. (3681417) Several additional display issues were addressed.
January 30, 2014
- DPS App Builder was updated to fix a subscription banner bug In AIR-based Android viewers. On HD Android devices, the default library subscription tile was displayed instead of the specified subscription banner. With the update to DPS App Builder, the custom subscription banner now appears on all supported Android devices. To incorporate this change, update DPS App Builder and edit or create an Android app.
- When folios are downloaded in the background, a "new issue available" message sometimes appears even when users are reading the most current version.
- Scrollable frames in web viewer that were embedded in other overlays had stopped working properly with the v29 release. This issue was resolved with a December 10, 2013 hot fix. No action is required.
- Social Sharing was not working properly in some v27 and v28 apps if folios were published after the release of v29. This issue was resolved with a December 10, 2013 hot fix. It should not be necessary to re-publish the folios or take any other action.