JRE Update required for Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite
If you're using a computer running Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite), updating the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is required in order to run DPS App Builder. You can download the Apple patch from the following location:
Sign-in / Installation issues
- If the Adobe Content Viewer fails to install when you update your DPS tools, see Can't install, locate Desktop Adobe Content Viewer.
- If you get an "authentication failed" error when you sign in to the Adobe Content Viewer on the iPad with a verified Adobe ID, or if a valid, published folio fails to appear in a custom viewer app, there might be a problem with the server. See the "Authentication failed" section of the Troubleshoot Adobe Content Viewer tech note, or contact your Adobe representative.
Known issues with social sharing / web viewer
- iOS 6 social sharing is now disabled in any app built after February 7. The entire social sharing menu is disabled on devices that run iOS 6. The social sharing menu is still available on iOS 7 devices.
- Smooth Scrolling articles in web viewer may not display properly on the last page if the length of the smooth scrolling article is not an exact multiple of the folio height. For example, the last page of a 1024x2000 article may be cropped, but a 1024x1536 (2 times the height) or a 1024x2304 (3 times the height) should display fine. The issue is especially common in portrait orientation. One workaround is to make the height of the smooth scrolling page height an exact multiple of the folio height. Another workaround is to use PNG image format for the Smooth Scrolling article instead of PDF.
- TOC images larger than 70x70 are being cropped instead of scaled.
Other known issues
- When using Application Loader to submit a DPS app, a "Warning: Version Mismatch" error message appears. You can either ignore this warning and continue to submit your app or edit the version number in iTunes Connect. At this time, Apple is not rejecting apps because of this issue. (3632944)
- When using Application Loader to submit a DPS app, a "Warning: This version is invalid . . . the Info.plist file must be a period-separated list" error message appears. You can ignore this warning and continue to submit your app. At this time, Apple is not rejecting apps because of this issue.