OS support issues
- AIR-based DPS apps, including the Adobe Content Viewer, do not support Android OS 4.4 at this time. The plan is for AIR Android viewers to support 4.4 with the v29 phase 2 release on January 11.
- DPS apps using v24 and earlier do not run properly in iOS 7. Update your app. See iOS 7 Support in v28 DPS Viewer.
- DPS apps using v28 or later do not support iOS 5 and by extension iPad 1 models. See iOS 5 End of Life with v28 (PDF).
Sign-in / Installation issues
- If you can't sign in to the Folio Builder panel in InDesign CS6 or CC, see this DPS forum thread for guidance.
- If the Adobe Content Viewer fails to install when you update your DPS tools, see Can't install, locate Desktop Adobe Content Viewer.
- If the DPS App Builder fails to install, remove the app from the Applications folder (if it exists), empty your trash, sign in to the DPS Dashboard, and click DPS App Builder for the Mac.
- If you get an "authentication failed" error when you sign in to the Adobe Content Viewer on the iPad with a verified Adobe ID, or if a valid, published folio fails to appear in a custom viewer app, there might be a problem with the server. See the "Authentication failed" section of the Troubleshoot Adobe Content Viewer tech note, or contact your Adobe representative.
Known issues with iOS viewers
- On iOS 7, larger folios can fail to extract when delivered via Newsstand, causing problems with the folio when the user interacts with the folio. The user can now resume the extraction from the Library. (3678236)
- Some folios do not immediately change state to "downloadable" after being archived. (3678050)
- In some instances, the iPad viewer crashes when a reader declines Analytics opt-in. (3673183)
When you swipe on a scrollable frame or web overlay on iOS 7, the page moves slightly and flickers in some cases. (3667983)
- Video/audio continues to play when swiping to next page in some instances. (3657127)
Swiping on a horizontal scrollable frame where the image was cropped in InDesign moves the page as well as the overlay and shows jittery behavior. (3653470)
- In some instances, iTunes subscribers lose entitlement and the viewer displays the subscription tile and prices. For example, this can happen if the device is restarted and the app is awoken by a background push. (3595346)
Known issues with web viewer
- Some scrollable frames in web viewer are no longer working properly with the v29 release. This issue is under investigation.
- Social Sharing is not working properly for v27 and v28 apps for folios published after the release of v29.
- Smooth Scrolling articles in web viewer may not display properly on the last page if the length of the smooth scrolling article is not an exact multiple of the folio height. For example, the last page of a 1024x2000 article may be cropped, but a 1024x1536 (2 times the height) or a 1024x2304 (3 times the height) should display fine. The issue is especially common in portrait orientation.
- TOC images larger than 70x70 are being cropped instead of scaled.
Other known issues
- When using Application Loader to submit a DPS app, a "Warning: Version Mismatch" error message appears. You can either ignore this warning and continue to submit your app or edit the version number in iTunes Connect. At this time, Apple is not rejecting apps because of this issue. (3632944)
- (January 11 release) If you enable social sharing in your v29 app, articles in a folio published as free will be available for viewing in the web viewer and article viewer, even if the articles are set to Protected or Metered.