DPS viewer version issue
With a recent July hot fix, updating the DPS Desktop Tools results in the "v32" viewer version mistakenly appearing in the Viewer Version pop-up menu. When creating a folio or editing folio properties, do not select v32—v32 folios are not compatible with the current v31 viewer apps. Instead, select v31 or earlier. (We recommend using the default v26 setting.)
Sign-in / Installation issues
- If the Adobe Content Viewer fails to install when you update your DPS tools, see Can't install, locate Desktop Adobe Content Viewer.
- If the DPS App Builder fails to install, remove the app from the Applications folder (if it exists), empty your trash, sign in to the DPS Dashboard, and click DPS App Builder for the Mac.
- If you get an "authentication failed" error when you sign in to the Adobe Content Viewer on the iPad with a verified Adobe ID, or if a valid, published folio fails to appear in a custom viewer app, there might be a problem with the server. See the "Authentication failed" section of the Troubleshoot Adobe Content Viewer tech note, or contact your Adobe representative.
Known issues with native Android viewer
Known issues with social sharing / web viewer
- iOS 6 social sharing is now disabled in any app built after February 7. The entire social sharing menu is disabled on devices that run iOS 6. The social sharing menu is still available on iOS 7 devices.
- Smooth Scrolling articles in web viewer may not display properly on the last page if the length of the smooth scrolling article is not an exact multiple of the folio height. For example, the last page of a 1024x2000 article may be cropped, but a 1024x1536 (2 times the height) or a 1024x2304 (3 times the height) should display fine. The issue is especially common in portrait orientation. One workaround is to make the height of the smooth scrolling page height an exact multiple of the folio height. Another workaround is to use PNG image format for the Smooth Scrolling article instead of PDF.
- TOC images larger than 70x70 are being cropped instead of scaled.
Other known issues
- When using Application Loader to submit a DPS app, a "Warning: Version Mismatch" error message appears. You can either ignore this warning and continue to submit your app or edit the version number in iTunes Connect. At this time, Apple is not rejecting apps because of this issue. (3632944)
- If you enable social sharing in your v29 or v30 app, articles in a folio published as free will be available for viewing in the web viewer and article viewer, even if the articles are set to Protected or Metered.