Dreamweaver 8 may crash when it performs file browsing actions on Microsoft Windows Vista. Some examples include:
- Using File > Open to browse the hard drive to open a file.
- Inserting an image and using the file browser to select the image.
- Creating a hyperlink and using the file browser to select the target file.
- Creating a site definition and using the file browser to select the local root folder or remote folder.
Additional reported behavior includes:
- Crash occurs when a file browsing dialog appears.
- Crash occurs when browsing two or more folders away.
- Crash occurs after inserting four images.
- Crash occurs when you leave the file browsing dialog box open for a period of time.