The following is a list of issues resolved in RoboHelp (2019 release) and subsequent patch releases.
Check the RoboHelp forum for solutions, workarounds, or any late-breaking information.
RoboHelp (2019 release) Update 2 - October 18, 2018
Topic titles in the Table of Contents panel now automatically sync with changes in actual topic titles. You can now detect broken links in TOC through red x marks against topics. On auto-creating a TOC, a prompt lets you decide if you want to delete the content of the current TOC first.
You can use TFS version 2018 for version control from RoboHelp. You can check in, check out, view differences between versions, resolve merge conflicts, and sync files using TFS.
Multi-level lists from RoboHelp Classic projects are now seamlessly upgraded in both topics and style sheets in RoboHelp 2019 projects. You can now use templates in the numbered and bulleted formats to easily insert a multi-level list from the standard toolbar.
You can now toggle the display of bookmarks in the Contents panel and in topics. You can easily create hyperlinks in topics by dragging and dropping bookmarks from the Contents panel. You can also create TOC entries for bookmarks, and use bookmarks in context-sensitive help (CSH) map files.
You can now use the inbuilt style sheet editor to add twisty images to Hyperlink Style and apply the style to expanding and drop-down texts.
You can now have separate text for titles in expanded and collapsed states. You can also provide a more meaningful title for collapsing an expanding or drop-down text.
Now, all open project components that are launched from the Author toolbar are visible and accessible only in Author view. If you want to switch to Output view, RoboHelp first prompts to save open components, and then launches Output view. The same behavior is applicable to components launched from the Output toolbar and when you switch from Output to Author view.
You can now create, edit, and publish image maps. Image maps defined in RoboHelp Classic projects are also upgraded to the RoboHelp 2019 project structure.
Selection of rows, columns, or cells in a table is now prominent and easily distinguishable. You can now select an entire row or a column in a single click.
While using context-sensitive help, you can now map topics or bookmarks to unique map IDs. You can also import map files, edit and create mappings with unassigned topics, and see the list of topics with bookmarks during mapping. Additionally, you can export mappings in a .h file, and publish mappings in WebHelp, Responsive HTML5, and Microsoft HTML Help output types.
You can now apply auto-numbering to all paragraph and heading styles in your topic by editing the associated style sheets. Also, after you install the Update 2 release and open topics, old auto-numbering is automatically upgraded in style sheets and topics.
You can now define and preselect a dynamic content filter for your WebHelp and Responsive HTML5 outputs. Content tagged with the preselected filter gets displayed in the output by default.
Now, the default style of a topic TOC is not a numbered list. You can also show and hide the display of a topic TOC.
You can now customize and publish Windows settings for the Microsoft HTML Help output type. Custom settings from previous versions of RoboHelp are retained during upgradation to RoboHelp 2019.
You can now select multiple paragraphs in your topic and use drag-and-drop to apply condition tags. The color of the tag is visible in the Author view and preview.
While importing a Word document, you can now specify table style settings in the import Word dialog box.
The appearance of the context menu in a topic in Author view now matches other context menus and the menu options are reorganized.
You can now use keyboard shortcuts to insert variables, snippets, and fields that are displayed on clicking the Insert Variables/Snippet/Fields icon in the standard toolbar.
- Skin preview does not reflect changes in layout settings.
(Ref - 2863)
- Expanding and drop-down texts are displayed in
expandedform in Microsoft HTML Help output.
(Ref - 2839).
- The Properties > Styles panel in an open topic does not reflect updates made to style sheets.
(Ref - 2767)
- The TOC in Responsive HTML5 output does not sync when navigating using a browse sequence.
(Ref - 2716)
- Search for favicon files is restricted to the assets > images folder instead of all system folders.
(Ref - 2673)
- Images do not appear in skin editor preview if RoboHelp is installed and the project is saved in different drives in your computer.
(Ref - 2464)
- Cannot customize the Indigo layout to only use the Topic page instead of the default Home page.
(Ref - 2403)
- On clicking a duplicate topic, the filename is displayed without an extension.
(Ref - 2301).
- Empty paragraphs between content do not appear in topic preview and output.
(Ref - 2073)
- All project component (such as conditional tags, variables, and topics) creation dialog boxes require clicking fields to be able to type; the Enter key does not work.
(Ref - 1846)
ResponsiveHTML5 skin editor, the tablet/phone view menu button is incorrectly labeled as Close.
(Ref - 1833)
- Dynamic content filters do not load if
stand-alonechild or parent projects are generated.
(Ref - 708)
- Multi-level lists with dynamic content filters do not work as expected in the output.
(Ref - 693)
- Multi-level lists inside drop-down text do not work.
(Ref - 688)
- Numbered lists lose numbers inside DHTML drop-down boxes.
(Ref - 338)
- Rename Hyperlink Popover verbiage to Popup.
(Ref - 2859)
- Coding CSS Cursor Property does not work in Rh11 Preview Topic pane or CHM browser.
(Ref - 961)
- RH2019 Classic: Search results are not highlighted in single and merged projects, and in all browsers.
(Ref - 2703)
- Topic search is not working on files with an uppercase extension.
(Ref - 531)
RoboHelp (2019 release) Update 1 - September 17, 2018
In RoboHelp 2019 release, Author and Output views opened as two separate windows.
Now, Author and Output views are merged and accessible through respective tabs in the standard toolbar in RoboHelp workspace.
For more information, see Get to know the RoboHelp workspace.
You can now collapse or expand an individual or all the expanding/drop-down texts in your topic in Author view and topic preview. You can also toggle the display of the expanding/drop-down text boundary.
You can now access master pages through the Author toolbar in Author view instead of Output view.
You can also apply a master page to a topic during topic creation. Topic preview also displays the master page applied to the topic.
For more information, see Work with master pages.
You can now add, edit, and delete browse sequences. In a browse sequence, you can drag-and-drop topics from the Contents panel and TOC, change the sequence of topics, and delete topics.
For more information, see Create and manage browse sequences.
For more information, see Insert and customize a topic TOC.
For more information, see Insert breadcrumbs.
You can now edit and delete language-specific labels, and undo or redo the edits. You can also export languagewise labels as XML for localization, and import a translated copy for a specific language.
While working with Table of Contents (TOC) in your project, you can now expand only one TOC at a time. You can also undo or redo changes, and use the Delete key to delete a TOC, book, or page.
In the Glossary panel, you can now expand only one glossary at a time. In the expanded view, you can use context menus against each glossary and glossary term.
When you add a topic in your project and type the topic name, RoboHelp automatically converts the spaces in the filename to underscores. You can change this setting if necessary.
If multiple topics are open, use a topic tab's context menu to close a topic, close other topics except for the current topic, and close all topics. While closing multiple topics, you can save the changes in a specific topic.
From the Quick Generate panel, you can now select and open an output preset to edit it, instead of having to search for the output preset in the Output Settings window. You can select and edit multiple output presets.
You can now cross-reference an index keyword or a subkeyword to another keyword and publish the cross-references. You can also add variables while creating or editing index keywords.
You can now use the context menu in the Contents panel to view all the TOCs linked to a topic and locate the topic in a specific TOC.
You can now use index keywords associated with topics in search. Index keywords have the same ranking as search keywords.
- RoboHelp does not support Internet Explorer 11.
(Ref - 2551)
- An error appears on connecting to Git for the first time after creating the SSH key.
(Ref - 2507)
- While importing a Word file with tables and lists, the List and Table tabs in the Word Import Settings dialog box are disabled.
(Ref - 2612)
- Sync issues between the files/folders on your computer and in the Contents panel, especially after renaming.
(Ref - 2332)
- Images are not displayed in skin editor preview.
(Ref - 2464)
- In an open topic, in the Properties panel > Styles tab, the (none) option in all the styles had the Edit icon.
(Ref - 2532)
- An application error message appears on trying to view the log file during output generation or after output generation failure.
(Ref - 2442)
- While duplicating a topic with unsaved changes, RoboHelp does not prompt to save the document and creates the duplicate copy without the unsaved changes.
(Ref - 2567)
- In merged projects, RoboHelp search returns results only from some child projects instead of all projects.
(Ref - 831)
- While working with condition expressions, stop words, synonyms, and skins, the asterisk (*) that indicates unsaved changes does not appear in the respective tabs.
(Ref - 2090)
- RoboHelp does not remember the modified position or size of the application window and does not allow resizing or minimizing the Output Settings screen.
(Ref - 2399)
- An incomplete index is visible in the output and filter keywords does not work.
(Ref - 2398)
- Favicon files selected in output settings do not appear in the output.
(Ref - 2397)
- Tool tips for glossary terms do not work in the output.
(Ref - 2400)
(Ref - 2278)
- Operations such as image and multimedia insertion, and copy paste happen multiple times.
(Ref - 2314)
- While resizing an image using the General tab in the Properties panel, its aspect ratio is not maintained if the unit is %.
(Ref - 2312)
- While generating a Mobile App output, there's a Splashscreen image issue.
(Ref - 1252)
- Non-minified versions of core JS files (rh.js, layout.js, topic.js, and common.js) are included in HTML5 output.
(Ref - 2357)
- Browse sequences and glossary are not working in CHM output.
(Ref - 2295)
- On upgrading a RoboHelp 2017 or 2019 Classic project with baggage files in the TOC to RoboHelp 2019, links in the TOC are not updated correctly.
(Ref - 2446)
- Output generation fails without displaying any error message if the TOC has broken links.
(Ref - 2445)
- While generating output using the Quick Generate window, unselected presets get generated and incorrect status is displayed.
(Ref - 2605)
- In multiple open topics, the tabs bar occupies more than one line.
(Ref - 2496)
- RoboHelp search does not work for content in some languages.
(Ref - 1873)