(macOS-only) If the Hand tool gets stuck when you're using the Liquify filter, Save for Web, or the Camera Raw plug-in, see this tech note for a solution.
Disable any antivirus software such as Avast or Webroot installed on your computer. Refer to the software manufacturer's documentation for instructions.
Internet browsers such as Safari and Mozilla Firefox and the installed third-party browser extensions can interfere with Photoshop's operations.
- Reset or restore your browser preferences to their default settings.
- Disable all the browser extensions.
Refer to the browser's documentation for instructions.
Customers have reported this issue when running Photoshop with third-party apps, utilities, and drivers.
- 1Password: Disable or uninstall this utility.
- Evoluent Mouse Manager: Disable or uninstall this utility.
- Spotify: Close or uninstall this application. Also kill the application process running in the background on your computer.
- Mail application: Disable or uninstall this application.
If you're using a Windows laptop, adjust the following Touchpad settings:
- Set the Touchpad setting to No Delay or Minimum Delay. See this helpful resource for instructions.
- Turn off the Palm Rejection setting.