When you use Japanese Illustrator build on a Japanese OS, Illustrator crashes if you perform the following task:
- Create a new CMYK document.
- Create a Spot color with a name that includes 4-byte or Surrogate Pair characters, and save it in the Swatches Panel.
- Create a rectangle object and apply Freeform gradient on this object.
- Double-click a color stop to modify its fill color.
- Now, in the Swatches panel, select the color you saved in step 2.
- Apply the selected color and close the Swatches panel.
- Click outside the artboard.