Mixamo is available free for anyone with an Adobe ID and does not require a subscription to Creative Cloud.
The following restrictions apply:
- Mixamo is not available for Enterprise and Federated IDs.
- Mixamo is not available for users who have a country code from China. The current release of Creative Cloud in China does not include web services.
The Mixamo automatic rigging system only works for humanoid characters and has a few other specific requirements.
Check the following requirements:
- Ensure the character is humanoid with distinguishable head, body, arm, and leg areas. If the character proportions are too deformed, the auto-rigger may not work.
- Ensure the character does not have large extra appendages or props. For example, additional limbs, wings, and tails or large hair and clothing items may not work.
- Ensure the character is in a default or neutral pose. Auto-rigging may not work if the character is largely asymmetric or posed prior to rigging.
- Ensure there is no other content in the file. Additional helper objects, cameras, or scene objects cause the auto-rigger to not work.
- Ensure there are no spaces between any of the parts. For example, the auto-rigger does not work on floating heads that are disjoined from the body.
- Ensure the character is centered in the scene. The auto-rigger works best when characters are set to the (0,0,0) origin of the world. This prevents animation offsets happening from unit differences.
- Ensure the character mesh is clean and error free. The auto-rigger performs more reliably on characters with clean meshes as well as provides higher-quality animations.