Find known issues and limitations in the latest release of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Issue: Premiere Pro takes a long time to import screen recorded files (OBS files).
Workaround: Try transcoding the files using a third party app and then import the transcoded files in Premiere Pro.
- Issue: Learning panel can display upper half of workspace as black.
Workaround: Revert to a saved layout.
- Issue: When trying to edit text in essential graphics, certain Japanese fonts change to Chinese fonts.
Workaround: Switch to Japanese font manually.
- Issue: Remote desktop access of Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder with Windows 10 version 1903 can hang when focus is changed.
Workaround: A) Do not use remote desktop OR B) set Remote Desktop Audio preference to “no audio”. This option results in no audio being heard through the Remote Desktop.
- Issue: Premiere Pro may fail to import or show an importer error on some Windows 10 (build 1809) configurations.
Workaround: Close and restart the Premiere Pro application. Upgrade to Windows 10 (build 1903) or later. For more information, see Premiere Pro fails to import on certain Windows 10 configurations.
- Issue: Incorrect default position for project panel in 14.0, it opens as a small box in upper left corner of Premiere Pro.
Workaround: Use "reset to saved layout", which places the panel correctly. Then to persist the layout, save the project.
- Issue: AJA desktop preview is not drawing properly during capture after updating to Premiere Pro 14.0.
Workaround: Make sure you update to the latest AJA driver.
- Issue: EDLs created in previous versions of Premiere Pro have incorrect audio levels when those EDLs are imported into Premiere Pro 14.0. EDLs created in Premiere Pro 14.0 are also incorrect.
Workaround: Use an earlier version of Premiere Pro for import and export of EDLs.
- Issue: Output to second monitor when Disable video output when in the background is unchecked on macOS
1. Turn off the second display in the playback preferences, click Ok.
2. Reopen Playback Preferences and turn the second display back on and click Ok.
Or move the main Premiere Pro window to partially be on the second screen and then back to the Main screen only.
- UI errors appear if you use obsolete effects with Premiere Pro using Dark mode on macOS. For more information, see UI errors when using obsolete effects in Premiere Pro on macOS Dark Mode.
- Copying Motion Graphics Templates to Creative Cloud Libraries from the Essential Graphics panel fails if there are no video thumbnails present.